Operatives of the Ekiti State Task Force on COVID-19 have sealed off Delight Hotel and Suites in Ado Ekiti, for defying government’s regulations to curb the spread of the virus.
The sealing of the hotel was as a result of it’s contribution in hosting an elaborate wedding party which had a large crowd of guests with no regard for social distancing.
The hotel has remained desolate since then as the two main gates leading to the complex and its glass doors leading to its reception were under lock and key.
The Coordinator of the Ekiti State COVID-19 Task Force, Prof. Bolaji Aluko, said the operatives acted on a tip off that the hotel acted against the government’s regulations by hosting a gathering of more than 20 persons.
Aluko further issued a warning to the residents of the state, most especially owners of relaxation centres, against violating the COVID-19 regulations noting that government would not relent in the enforcement of the regulations to safeguard public health. He said:
“We got a report that an elaborate wedding party was being held at Delight Hotel and Suites on Ilawe Road and we swung into action to know the veracity of the claim.
“Then we discovered that the hotel actually broke the COVID-19 protocols.
“The security operatives we sent to go there and check saw a large crowd of people in the hotel eating and drinking.”
Source; Tale Tela
- Task Force shuts down hotel in Ekiti for violating COVID-19 regulations
- COVID-19: Wedding guests take to their heels as taskforce shuts down hotel in Ekiti
- Obaiano Shuts Eke Akwa Market For Defying COVID-19 Protocols
- COVID-19: Sanwo-Olu shuts Badagry hotel, night club for contravening safety guidelines
- COVID-19: Lagos shuts hotel, club for contravening operational guidelines
- ”I Hate This Animal Farm” – Buhari’s Minister Called Out For Hosting Huge Crowd In A Public Party, Defying FCT COVID-19 Guidelines
- COVID-19: FCT shuts down Pacific Hotel for violating restriction order
- Lagos council shuts four markets over non-compliance with COVID-19 guidelines
- Lagos shuts facilities for flouting safety guidelines
- Ekiti shuts school over breach of COVID-19 protocols