The General Overseer of the Household of God Church, Oregun, Lagos, Pastor Chris Okotie is in disagreement of the use of face masks in the church by members, noting that service will not resume on Sunday, August 9, 2023.
According to him, wearing any type of face mask or face shield to the church is a way of denying the finished work of Christ. He said;
“When a man is standing before God in church wearing a shield or mask, he is denying the finished work of the cross,”
Okotie also mentioned that the reason why he decided to speak out on the issue is because the face mask is now graduating into a face shield, which is a veil.
This is coming after the Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, had announced last week that all religious centers in the state can reopen for worship beginning from August 7, if they can adhere strictly to the COVID-19 protocols which includes wearing of face masks during service.
Source; Tale Tela
- When a man is standing before God in church wearing a shield or mask, he is denying the finished work of the cross- Pastor Chris Okotie
- It Denies The Finished Work Of The Cross – Pastor Chris Okotie Opposes Usage Of Face-mask In Church
- Pastor Chris Okotie Opposes Usage Of Face-Mask, Closes His Church Till Further Notice
- Bill Gates is leading an agenda to destabilize the world and execute a satanic agenda against the church – Rev. Chris Okotie
- Chris Okotie says it is unscriptural to hold church services online
- “Holding church service online isÂ totally unscriptural” – Rev. Chris Okotie
- “Holding church service online is totally unscriptural” – Pastor Chris Okotie
- “Holding church service online is totally unscriptural” – Rev. Chris Okotie
- Nigerian Pastor, Rev. Chris Okotie Labels Online Church Services As UNSCRIPTUAL
- Pastor Chris Okotie warns Christians not to wear face masks to church, gives reasons