Presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina has declared that hate may kill Nigeria.
He gave the warning in an article on Thursday titled ‘If Nigeria dies, hatred killed her’.
Adesina lamented that protest against the excesses of the Police Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) transformed to murder, mayhem and arson.
The media adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari said youths against injustice and oppression suddenly took on a variegated nature.
He accused separatists of converging to advance their cause – working for the dismemberment of the country.
The author said those defeated in 2015 and 2019 elections also crept in while also plotting for a return to power in 2023.
He stressed that the country is passionately hated by some of those who live in it, and that it had always been so.
Adesina referred to what some people call ‘the mistake of 1914′ – the Northern and Southern Protectorates merger by the colonial masters.
“If Nigeria dies, whether now or in the future, hatred killed her. How can a people go about, bearing giant-sized grudges against their country, its leadership, against one another, and expect that country to live in peace and prosperity? It won’t happen.”
Adesina said there are many factors and agencies of hatred in Nigeria, and that until everyone learn to purge themselves, the country may never move beyond where it has been gyrating for six decades.
“Hatred is evinced from many quarters for Nigeria, and for its government and people at any given time. It comes from churches, mosques, professional activists and agitators, interest groups, some elements in the media, so-called analysts who never see anything good, and so on and so forth.
“They may carry fancy religious titles, or parade as activists, analysts or newspaper columnists, but what they are is really simple. Hate mongers, and one day, they may ensure that Nigeria dies. Not of old age or other natural causes, but of hatred”, he added.
- AKINWUMI ADESINA: The inside story by Femi Adesina
- President Buhari Fatherly role saved Nigeria, Femi Adesina speaks on how End SARS protest
- BREAKING: No presidential broadcast on COVID-19, none planned ― Femi Adesina
- BREAKING!!! You Lied, Nnamdi Kanu replies Femi Adesina Over Statement On Biafra
- Femi Adesina reveals why Buhari gifted him foreign currency
- What you need to know about the Nigeria economic sustainability plan by Femi Adesina
- Why do some people hate hearing good news about Nigeria? – Femi Adesina
- Nigeria needs a leader with iron fist like Buhari – Femi Adesina
- Nigerians are the greatest problem of Nigeria – Femi Adesina
- ‘Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria’ – Femi Adesina Says