Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has lifted the 24hour indefinite curfew imposed on the State.
The Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Mr Donald Ojogo, said on Friday in Akure, that the decision is with effect from Saturday.
Akeredolu had imposed Curfew on Wednesday to prevent loss of lives and properties as End SARS protesters took to the street in some major cities of the State.
Ojogo explained that the decision to lift the curfew followed consultations between the governor and security chiefs after a preliminary assessment of the security situation in the State.
“The relative peace in the state capital, Akure, appears very encouraging just as the people’s resolve, especially the youths, not to allow brigandage under any guise is equally palpable.
“It’s, therefore, only normal that law-abiding residents are allowed to go about their legitimate businesses.
“Government, however, emphasizes the need for all to be vigilant and law-abiding.
“This is more so, that security agencies deployed to strategic areas of the state capital are under strict directives to enforce law and order for the enforcement of permanent peace,” he said.
- Revealed! Regina Daniels Takes S£xually Enhanced Chocolate To Boost Her Libido (Photos)In Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020Marriage-made millionaire and Nigerian actress, Regina Daniels, has publicly disclosed that she takes Jurama chocolate to help boost her libido. ...[Read more]
- Kobe Bryant’s Hall Of Fame Induction Festival Postponed To May 2021In Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame ceremony which was set to take place in August 2020 but was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic ...[Read more]
- Cuomo looking to close ‘loophole’ allowing bad cops to keep police credentialsIn USANovember 29, 2020New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Sunday said he is looking at closing a loophole that could allow a cop accused of misconduct in one police department ...[Read more]
- Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke caught wearing an expensive sandal from Dolce and GabannaIn Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020Nollywood actor, Jim Iyke, has taken to his Instagram page to share a photo of himself as he sat in a chair while wearing a black trouser and a ...[Read more]
- Jim Iyke Faunts His $925 Dolce And Gabbana Sandal (Photos)In Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020Jim Iyke, the Nollywood lover boy has displayed an expensive Dolce and Gabbana sandals in the latest photo that cost nine hundred and twenty-five ...[Read more]
- Kim Kardashian makes a special request from Fans over a young set to be executed soonIn Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020Keeping Up With The Kardashians star Kim Kardashian is very desperate to use her legal know-how to save a convict from being executed in just two ...[Read more]
- Nearly one-third of NY, NJ small businesses reportedly closed in 2020In USANovember 29, 2020It has been a bad year for ma and pa. Nearly one-third of small businesses in New York and New Jersey remain closed since January amid the ...[Read more]
- Does Your Ex Husband beats You?, Fan asks Chika Ikeh about her Divorced HusbandIn Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020A Nigerian lady identified as Mary Banda has puzzled yet unsolved as she is curious to know the real cause of Chika Ike’s failed marriage. You would ...[Read more]
- Seek help from Fayose ,PDP advises Fayemi Over Insecurity issues in EkitiIn Local NewsNovember 29, 2020The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ekiti State has counselled the state Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi, to seek help from his immediate predecessor, ...[Read more]
- Adebola Williams Has Officially Ditched Singlehood; Long Time Girlfriend Says YES To Him (Photos/Video)In Celebrity NewsNovember 29, 2020Popular Nigerian media personality, Adebola Willaims, has finally left the singlehood family as his longtime girlfriend says yes to his marriage ...[Read more]