Lagos State Deputy Governor, Obafemi Hamzat has revealed that genuine protesters were peaceful throughout the End SARS protest which took place recently across different parts of Lagos.
Speaking during an interview with newsmen on Friday, the Deputy Governor called for reconciliation among residents amid the EndSARS crisis across the country adding that the protest was hijacked by hoodlums who unleashed violence across Lagos and Nigeria.
He also said he was disappointed because those who did not mean well succeeded in discrediting the exercise to achieve their sinister motives.
According to him, Lagosians must come together as a united people to ensure that the state gets working again.
“We have to be sincere. The genuine protesters were peaceful. They were demanding for something that we all can understand and the Governor and myself marched with them.
”We must dialogue with ourselves, we must intelligently sit down and decide the best way to move our State and Country forward.
“Let’s all calm down; let’s all relax. Let’s not destroy businesses set up to employ our people.
“Those who have ideas should bring them up for discussion,” he said.
- This Is The Shocking Number of Out- of-school-children In Nigeria – FG Declares NumberIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021The Federal Government Thursday stated that Nigeria’s out- of-school-children (OSC) has dropped to 6.946 million from 10.1 million. The government ...[Read more]
- 7 dead, 4 injured as prison warden cause fatal accident in ImoIn Local NewsJanuary 22, 2021Three persons have been feared killed in a fresh attack at the ongoing communal crisis between Uko-nteghe Uda and Uko Akpan Enwang communities in Mbo ...[Read more]
- Hawa Koomson: What example is Akufo-Addo setting by rewarding politicians for bad behaviour? – Lydia Forson quizzesIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 22, 2021Actress Lydia Forson has expressed shock at the President rewarding politicians who have publicly displayed bad behaviour. The actress is wondering ...[Read more]
- One beheaded, two killed as communal crisis escalates in Akwa IbomIn Local News, NewsJanuary 22, 2021Three persons have been feared killed in a fresh attack at the ongoing communal crisis between Uko-nteghe Uda and Uko Akpan Enwang communities in Mbo ...[Read more]
- “Until the DM ends on the timeline”- Prince reacts to Laycon’s old tweet from 2017In Celebrity News, LayconJanuary 22, 2021The popular reality star, Prince Nelson Nwerem has stumbled on an old tweet of a fellow TV icon, Laycon from 2017 before fame. In an exchange from ...[Read more]
- Akufo-Addo reduced 126 Ministers because tattered economy can no longer bear it – A.B.A. FuseiniIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 22, 2021Member of Parliament for Sagnarigu Constituency, ABA Fuseini has said that the President had no choice but to reduce the size of his government. The ...[Read more]
- EPL: Georginio Wijnaldum criticizes Liverpool players for losing against Burnley at AnfieldIn EPL, SportsJanuary 22, 2021Barcelona boss, Ronald Koeman, has slammed his players for missing two penalties against Cornella in the Copa del Rey round of 32 fixture on Thursday ...[Read more]
- Sale of government assets will benefit Nigerians â Finance Minister, Zainab Ahmed saysIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021The Minister of Finance, Zainab Ahmed, has said that the sale of the Federal government’s properties to fund the 2021 budget will benefit ...[Read more]
- Stanbic Bank cleared in Tamale Medical Stores Fraud as more evidence emergesIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 22, 2021It is emerging that Stanbic Bank Limited was indeed not complicit in the infamous Tamale Medical Stores Fraud running into several thousands of Ghana ...[Read more]
- Kano govt commences fresh legal action against blasphemous singer, Yahaya SharifIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Protesters have vandalized the Democratic Party headquarters in Portland and Oregon and a federal US Immigration and Customs Enforcement building, ...[Read more]