Nollywood actor Olanrewaju Omiyinka, popularly known as Baba Ijesha, is set to be released on bail according to a police source.
The source revealed that there is no case of defilement against the actor. Baba Ijesha was arrested for allegedly defiling a 14-year-old girl for over 7 years, as many celebrities took to social media to slam him.
Comedienne Princess came out to state that her foster child was the girl actor Baba Ijesha sexually assaulted.
Taking to Instagram, the entertainer revealed that after the crash of her marriage, some parents allowed their children, six in number, to come and live with her so she wouldn’t be lonely. She said while she was harboring the six children, she was also rendering help to Baba Ijesha.
Princess alleged it was during one of his visits that he molested one of three girls living with her.
She said the defilement had an adverse effect on the child as she began to decline academically and otherwise.
Giving an update on the case, a senior officer, the Lagos State Police Command has confirmed to the media that a directive has been issued to release him from police custody within the next 24 hours.
Nkechi Blessing Blasts Those Defending Baba Ijesha And Asking For Evidence According to reports, this is due to the ongoing strike by members of the Judicial Staff Union of Nigeria, which has made it impossible for the courts to sit, and the suspect could not be detained indefinitely without trial.
The source added an investigation into the recent allegation against Omiyinka revealed that he did not defile the victim, and the victim also confirmed it when questioned. The senior police officer stated,
“THERE WAS NO CASE OF DEFILEMENT, PEOPLE ARE JUST TALKING OUT OF SENTIMENT. THEY ARE NOT TALKING FROM THE POINT OF LAW. WE INTERVIEWED ALL PARTIES INVOLVED IN THE CASE FOR THREE HOURS TODAY (WEDNESDAY).
“THE MOTHER COMPLAINED THAT HER CHILD WAS AT THE AGE OF SEVEN WHEN SHE WAS DEFILED AND THE CHILD POINTED AT BABA IJESHA. BUT THE CASE WAS NOT REPORTED UNTIL SHE WAS 14 YEARS AND UNDER THE LAW, THE CASE HAS BECOME STATUTE-BARRED.
“REGARDING THIS NEW CASE, THE CCTV FOOTAGE HAS BEEN ASSESSED AND NOWHERE WAS IT CAPTURED THAT BABA IJESHA DEFILED HER. THE FOOTAGE ONLY SHOWED HIM TOUCHING THE VICTIM’S BODY BUT IT NEVER SHOWED HIM HAVING ANY S3XUAL INTERCOURSE WITH THE GIRL. THE GIRL ALSO CONFIRMED THE SAME THING.
“SO, IN LAW, IT IS A CASE OF INDECENT ASSAULT AND NOT S3XUAL HARASSMENT, AND IT IS OPEN TO BAIL. SO, CAN WE CONTINUE TO KEEP HIM WHEN THE OFFENCE IS SUBJECT TO BAIL AND WHEN THERE IS NO COURT SITTING? THAT IS AGAINST HIS FUNDAMENTAL HUMAN RIGHTS AND THE POLICE DO NOT WORK ON SENTIMENTS. DIRECTIVES HAVE BEEN GIVEN OUT FOR HIS RELEASE ON BAIL.”
- Actor, Mr Latin Talks On Baba Ijesha Molestation Case Against Baba Ijesha (VIDEO)
- Yomi Fabiyi Begs Police Release Baba Ijesha On Bail Now, It is Illegal To Deny Him Bail
- DPP cancels bail for Baba Ijesha, Police say case is sexual assault by penetration
- BREAKING: Police grant Baba Ijesha bail
- Baba Ijesha has been granted bail out of the Police custody
- Iyabo Ojo makes vows as Police grants Baba Ijesha bail
- Comedian Princess reacts as Police grants Baba Ijesha bail
- “I am that mother that will stand for that girl till the end” – Iyabo Ojo makes vow as police grants Baba Ijesha bail
- Police not aware of Baba Ijesha’s bail – Spokesperson
- “I Am That Mother That Will Stand For That Girl Till The End” – Iyabo Ojo Says As Police Granted Baba Ijesha Bail