OAP Daddy Freeze has been ordered by a Port Harcourt High Court to pay a sum of N5 million for committing adultery with his lover Benedicta Elechi while she married to her ex husband, Paul Odekina.
Justice Akpughunum ordered Daddy Freeze to pay the money to Paul Odekina who was legally married to Elechi at the time of the incident.
Read Also: My Maid Earns ₦35k Salary, No Graduate Should Earn Less Than ₦50k – Daddy Freeze Blasts Mary And Jason Njoku
Listed in the suit with no PHC/403MC/2012 are Benedicta Odekina nee Elechi as the petitioner and cross petitioner, Mr Odekina as first respondent and cross petitioner and Mr Olarinde (Daddy Freeze) as the co-respondent.
Hon Justice Akpughunum in a judgment which lasted more than 90mins, ruled that Benedicta’s husband proved his case of adultery against Daddy Freeze and Benedicta through photographic, documentary and electronic evidence and also by the admission of Benedicta Elechi herself. The Judge referred to Benedicta as a ‘self-acclaimed adulterer”.
Other details of the Port Harcourt Judgement are: -Dissolution of Benedicta’s marriage to Paul Odekina based on Paul Odekin’s Cross Petition. Benedicta was unable to prove her allegations of abandonment & sexual impropriety against her husband whereas her husband was able to prove his case of adultery against her.
Read Also: You’re A Disgrace To Church And Marriage! Uche Maduagwu Blasts Daddy Freeze For Dating Another Man’s Wife
It should be recalled that both Daddy Freeze and Benedicta were married to different spouses at the time of her pregnancy for Jason. Freeze’s marriage to Opeyemi collapsed in the course of the extramarital affair and the marriage was subsequently dissolved in 2019 by a Lagos High Court.
Furthermore, the court dismissed Benedicta’s prayer seeking for N1.5m monthly upkeep, 1 Brand new car every 3 years, Annual vacation abroad, share in the family estate and many more on the grounds that she did not establish any of her claims.
The court also granted custody of the 3 children from the marriage to her husband, declaring that she was unfit in character and behaviour to bring up children, citing her admission of adultery, her conduct during the trial and her statement that she would not recommend her conduct to her daughters. The court also ordered Benedicta to hand over the children’s birth certificates and international passports to their father, Mr Paul Odekina.
The Judge further ruled that the adopted daughter of the erstwhile couple, who is a biological daughter of Benedicta’s sister is to remain in their joint custody.
Photo Credit: Getty
- Sir Alex Ferguson ‘lambasted’ me over red card – SolskjaerIn SportsApril 14, 2021Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has recalled when Sir Alex Ferguson, “absolutely lambasted,” him, after he got sent off during a ...[Read more]
- ‘She’s Not Behaving Like A Human Being’ – Teacher’s Comment On A Student’s Report Sheet Sparks ReactionsIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT A teacher’s blunt remark he appended on the report card of a student has caused a furore online as several people literally call for ...[Read more]
- About 72% Actresses Sleep With Rich Preachers To Upgrade Their Lives – Uche MaduagwuIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Controversial Nigerian actor and social media commentator Uche Maduagwu has made some damning allegations on his official Instagram ...[Read more]
- Europa League: Slavia Prague player banned for 10 matches ahead of Arsenal second legIn SportsApril 14, 2021Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has recalled when Sir Alex Ferguson, “absolutely lambasted,” him, after he got sent off during a ...[Read more]
- Burna Boy tops chart as he becomes the first artiste to reach 100M streams on BoomplayIn Celebrity NewsApril 14, 2021Grammy winner, Burna Boy has bagged another worthwhile achievement as he becomes the first music artiste to reach 100 Million streams on the music ...[Read more]
- It’s difficult for human to be sexually committed to one partner – Uti NwachukwuIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentApril 14, 2021Kaduna-born actress and Television presenter, Rachel Bakam, is dead. She died after a brief illness. She was 38 years old. She died on Tuesday at a ...[Read more]
- Steak-umm’s Twitter beef with Neil deGrasse Tyson: ‘Log off bro’In LifestyleApril 14, 2021Who will win in the battle between science and steak? Steak-umm, the brand that specializes in frozen beef and hot takes, is coming for Neil deGrasse ...[Read more]
- Cynthia Morgan Replies Fan Who Described Her As A GeniusIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian-born songwriter and singer Cynthia Ikponmwenosa Morgan well known as Cynthia Morgan has corrected a fan who described her as a ...[Read more]
- JAMB scraps use of email for UTME registration, othersIn Education, Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says the use of email would no longer be required for the processing of registration for the ...[Read more]
- Suspect Arrested After Remains Of High School Student Was Recovered From A Stream A Day To Her Final ExamsIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT A man linked to the death of a High School Student, Brenda Ankunda has been arrested by the men of the Rukungiri Police, Ug anda. ...[Read more]