So, the war of words between Nigerian songwriter and singer, Ayo Balogun popularly known as Wizkid, and Lauretta Onochie, a social media aide to President Muhammadu Buhari has continued.
This is as Wizkid took to his Twitter page on Tuesday night to condemn the utterances of Onochie after he had previously called out President Buhari on the indiscriminate killing of innocent Nigerians by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), a unit of the Nigeria Police Force.
The singer noted that he is not a kid as described by the presidential aide, but a father, adding that age has nothing to do with a citizen demanding better governance and what is right from the leaders of the country.
In his opinion, Onochie as a woman and a mother, should have been more concerned about the killing of innocent Nigerians by the Police.
“Lol, a 77-year-old man is not young ma.. You are a woman and a mother and kids are getting killed by police/sars and this is all you have to say? shame on you!!! shame on you!! I am a father and age has nothing to do with demanding for a better governance in my country!!,” Wizkid wrote on Twitter on Tuesday night.
lol a 77 year old man is not young ma.. You are a woman and a mother and kids are getting killed by police/sars and this is all you have to say? shame on you!!! shame on you!! I am a father and age has nothing to do with demanding for a better governance in my country!! https://t.co/AtIFV7ETny
— Wizkid (@wizkidayo) October 6, 2020
Credit: Punch Newz.
- Gov Nyesom Wike presents 2021 Budget, Ignores implementation of national minimum wageIn NewsDecember 2, 2020Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, on Wednesday, presented the 2021 appropriation bill of over four hundred and forty-eight billion naira on the ...[Read more]
- Schoos to resume soon, Federal Govt Promises Students and ParentsIn EducationDecember 2, 2020Public universities in Nigeria will resume soon after months of strike by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU). The federal government ...[Read more]
- PDP, only hope Nigeria needs to survive, unite – Saraki boastsIn Local NewsDecember 2, 2020Bukola Saraki, former Senate President has claimed that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, is the only hope Nigeria needs to survive and fully bounce ...[Read more]
- President Muhammadu Buhari to address the House of Representatives on insecurity in NigeriaIn Boko HaramDecember 2, 2020President Muhammadu Buhari will address the House of Representatives on insecurity in Nigeria. The Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila made the confirmation ...[Read more]
- Netizens Mock Juliet Ibrahim After Iceberg Slim Flaunted His New GirlfriendIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Social media users have reacted to Juliet Ibrahim’s former boyfriend, Iceberg Slim, flaunted his new girlfriend on social media. Three years ago, the ...[Read more]
- Man slashed in the face in UWS subway stationIn USADecember 2, 2020A man was slashed in the face by a stranger in a Manhattan subway station on Wednesday afternoon, cops said. The 31-year-old was on the platform of ...[Read more]
- Mysterious ‘explosion’ from meteor rattles upstate New YorkIn USADecember 2, 2020A mysterious “explosion” rocked large swaths of Upstate New York on Wednesday, shaking homes, rattling windows — and confusing a lot of people. ...[Read more]
- God will punish any man who pampers his woman while his mother suffers – Duncan MightyIn Celebrity NewsDecember 2, 2020Nigerian star, Duncan Mighty, has unleashed his venom on men who see their girlfriends as their most prized possession. – Advertisement – ...[Read more]
- De Blasio unsure how many schools will reopen full-timeIn USADecember 2, 2020Mayor Bill de Blasio has tantalized city parents with visions of a return to full-time schooling — but admitted Wednesday that he doesn’t know when ...[Read more]
- Oby Ezekwesili Calls For Physical & Mental Check Up Of President Buhari Over Increase In Nigeria’s InsecurityIn Boko Haram, Nigeria NewsDecember 2, 2020Former Minister of Education and presidential aspirant, Oby Ezekwesili has taken to social media to call for public disclosure of President Muhammadu ...[Read more]