In a recent interview, Nollywood actress, Maryann Apollo, has explained what changed her life around.
Maryann Apollo revealed why she became a born again Christian.
Speaking during an interview session tagged the ‘Four Fs— film, finance, friendship and faith; Apollo gave details of how she was struck by an unknown ailment that made her blind and frail until she met a man of God in Abuja who prayed for her. She said;
“My journey to Christ was not a good one. I don’t pray for people to go through what I went through to find God. Before I gave my life to Jesus Christ; I had been told everywhere I went that I had to dedicate my life to Him.”
.: ‘Love Alone Doesn’t Pay Bills’ – Actress, Chioma Amaryllis
“However, something happened. I fell so ill and they took me from one hospital to the other but there was no solution. I started selling properties but the money was still not enough. This is actually the first time I am telling this story. My family turned upside down until I was operated on.
My stomach was opened and they (doctors) said it was fibroid. But, it turned out not to be a fibroid. They did not understand what they brought out from my body. One minute, I was dead, and the next minute, I was back to life. I ‘died’ three times and later went blind for six months.”
In the latter part of the interview, the actress stated: “My son almost took his life because he kept on shouting that I was the only one he had. At that point, I did not even know what was going on.” The final paragraph reads;
“If you had seen me then, you wouldn’t have recognised me. I looked like an 80-year-old woman— frail, wrinkled and rumpled. Later on, someone told me to go and see Bishop Okwudili Eze in Abuja. When I got to the church, the man was preaching but as soon as I got inside, he said there was a celebrity there that had been ‘finished’ with charms.
“He went on to say that those who did that to me would call me within the 24 hours to apologise. He said two people were involved— one in the industry and another one in my family. He prayed for me and I went back to my hotel room. That night, I woke up around 2 am to pee and realised I could see. Bishop Eze then told me I had to give my life to Christ. He said I had to leave the ‘world’ and remain celibate till I met my husband. God revived and transformed me. And now, I mentor young girls and pray for them. I have also preached on the streets and shared did evangelism materials.”
Photo Credit: Getty
- EPL: I have ‘biggest respect’ for Man Utd’s Bruno Fernandes – Chelsea manager, TuchelIn EPL, SportsMarch 1, 2021The English Premier League has issued a statement to explain the decision not to award Manchester United a penalty in Sunday’s clash against Chelsea ...[Read more]
- Akufo-Addo’s public vaccination has created more mistrust about the Covid vaccines – MornahIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Former Chairman for the Peoples National Convention (PNC) Bernard Mornah has said that the President taking the jab has deepened mistrust in the ...[Read more]
- Akufo-Addo takes 1st public jab of COVID-19 vaccine; rallies Ghanaians to do sameIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021The President of Ghana Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and his wife Rebecca Akufo-Addo have taken their jab of the COVID-19 vaccine. The two took their ...[Read more]
- Better Half: A Dating App for Long-Lasting RelationshipsIn NewsMarch 1, 2021Better Half Dating App, allows you to conveniently meet and link up with similar qualities and interests. The app doesn’t only provide you the ...[Read more]
- Nigerians react to photo of Head mistress of Kogi school sitting in her office under a tree (See more photos)In Education, GossipMarch 1, 2021A photo has gone viral on social media and it shows the Head mistress of a primary school in Kogi state sitting in her office which is under a tree. ...[Read more]
- Toyin Lawani celebrates 39th birthday, tackles gender inequalityIn Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Business mogul, Toyin Lawani is celebrating her 39th birthday today as she takes a dive into gender inequality affecting the society of today. Taking ...[Read more]
- Nigerians who received COVID-19 vaccines abroad must get tested upon arrival – Minister of state for health, Olorunnimbe MamoraIn NewsMarch 1, 2021Minister of state for health, Olorunnimbe Mamora has stated that Nigerians who received COVID-19 vaccines abroad must get tested upon arriving ...[Read more]
- Tension in Bauchi community as youths, illegal tree fellers clashIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021Security operatives comprising the police and the military on Sunday averted a potential bloodbath at Kurmi village in Burra district of Ningi Local ...[Read more]
- Serious Beef Scarcity and Food Prices Hike Hits Southern NigeriaIn EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021The strike action by the Amalgamated Union of Foodstuff and Cattle Dealers of Nigeria (AUFCDN) has led to rising food prices in southern Nigeria, ...[Read more]
- Davido’s Alleged New Baby Mama, Larissa Names Son ‘Dawson’ Meaning ‘Son of David’In Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021It looks like drama revolving around hitmaker Davido is far from over and this time it is all about his alleged 4th baby mama Larissa. The alleged ...[Read more]