Renowned Showbiz pundit, Dan Lartey has revealed that he’s lobbying for the Akufo-Addo-led administration to appoint industry player, Mark Okraku Mantey to the position of Deputy Minister of Tourism, Culture and Creative Arts.
The President of the Creative Arts Council, Mark Okraku Mantey who is a pioneer in the music industry according to Dan Lartey, he won’t be surprised to see him elevated to the role of a deputy minister.
He made this known on Cape Coast-based Kastle 90.3FM’s Entertainment Show hosted by Amansan Krakye and monitored by MyNewsGh.com when asked whether sharing a lobbying post means he supports the bid of Mark Okraku Mantey.
He answered “One thing I believe is that when someone put their thoughts on social media and you comment, like or share that means you agree to what the person is talking about.
“I don’t think that if I write something and you don’t agree you’d share. To answer your question i would say that yes Mark Okraku Mantey is the person I’m lobbying for and he’s my senior man,” he said on Kastle FM.
“As for the work he’s been involved for a long time and we know what he can do. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes out as the deputy minister for tourism, culture and creative arts,” he concluded.
- NDLEA halts screening of 5,000 applicants as Buhari appoints new DGIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, under the auspices of Resource Forum of IMN, have called on the President Muhammadu Buhari-led ...[Read more]
- U-20 AFCON: Karim Zito invites 24 players for campingIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 16, 2021Twenty-four players have been invited to the male U-20 team, otherwise known as Black Satellites, to begin preparations for the 2021 U-20 AFCON. The ...[Read more]
- GHS1,500 stolen from another traveller at Kotoka AirportIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021A Ghanaian whose Facebook name is given as Kwahu Mayor Koopong has complained bitterly about what he describes as thievery at the Kotoka ...[Read more]
- I was detained in Ghana’s toughest prison – Bulldog opens up about incarcerationIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Artiste Manager Bulldog born Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanso has disclosed that he was detained in one of the toughest cells in Ghana following his ...[Read more]
- Actress Salma Mumin adjudged ‘liar of the year’ and More awardeesIn Entertainment, Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Actress Salma Mumin was adjudged liar of the year at this year’s Something Wicked Awards organized by Accra-based Hitz FM. The actress we could ...[Read more]
- Resumption: NANS tells FG to approve COVID-19 support funds for Nigerian varsities, PolysIn COVID-19, Education, NewsJanuary 16, 2021As the federal government directs all schools in Nigeria to resume on January 18, the National Association of Nigerian Students(NANS), has called on ...[Read more]
- Shi’ite: IMN calls for Sheikh Zakzaky, wife’s unconditional release after four years of court’s judgementIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, under the auspices of Resource Forum of IMN, have called on the President Muhammadu Buhari-led ...[Read more]
- Why IPOB won’t work, recognize Obiozor as Ohanaeze President-General – Nnamdi KanuIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Security operatives on Saturday killed several bandits in Farin Ruwa and Kuduru areas of Birnin Gwari LGA of Kaduna State. This was contained in a ...[Read more]
- Best new novels of winter 2021: 9 must-reads for fiction loversIn LifestyleJanuary 16, 2021With the cold weather and worsening pandemic keeping us inside this winter, there’s no better escape than a good book. Here are nine I’m particularly ...[Read more]
- Insecurity: Only God can give us victory – Femi AdesinaIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Security operatives on Saturday killed several bandits in Farin Ruwa and Kuduru areas of Birnin Gwari LGA of Kaduna State. This was contained in a ...[Read more]