Bayelsa State government has explained that Big Brother Naija star, Nengi Hampson was never at any time appointed as the Face of Bayelsa Girl-Child.
Clearing the air on Wednesday over reports that the former lockdown housemate was removed from the position, the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Daniel Alabrah told the BBC that no such appointment was made in the first place.
Governor Diri had earlier in the week, named Ebizi Blessing Eradiri as the Face of Bayelsa Girl-Child.
Eradiri is the first female First Class graduate from the Faculty of Law at the Niger Delta University, NDU and also finished with First Class from the Nigerian Law School.
Recall that Governor Diri was heavily criticised for having picked Nengi ahead of the double First Class graduate for the position.
Also, after the announcement of Eradiri’s appointment was made on Monday, Nengi took to her social media to pledge her support and promised to work together with the NDU graduate.
However, Alabrah told the BBC that the government never appointed Nengi for that role, adding that the government could appoint as many people as it likes depending on whatever sector they want to emphasize.
“Nengi is in the entertainment sector so she can function in that aspect while Ebizi Eradiri is in the education sector.
“All is for them to inspire and encourage girls in the state so they can aspire better. It is bad for people to speculate and politicise everything.”
- ”We look forward to working together to tackle global terrorism” – Buhari congratulates Joe BidenIn Viral NewsJanuary 21, 2021Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari has congratulated Joe Biden on his inauguration as the 46th President of the United States, saying his ...[Read more]
- “Real Men Don’t Shave Their Armpits” – Music Executive, TeebillzIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 21, 2021Nigerian music executive and singer, Tiwa Savage’s ex-husband, Teebillz has said that real men don’t shave their armpits. This is coming after he ...[Read more]
- Why North won’t be silent over Buhari’s poor handling of insecurity – BafarawaIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021Olusegun Bamgbose, National Coordinator, Concerned Advocates for Good Governance, CAGG, has noted that ex-President Donald Trump may be President Joe ...[Read more]
- Piers Morgan sings praise of Jill Biden and says he’s “chuffed” for the Bidens as the new first familyIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021Piers Morgan, who used to be good friends with Donald Trump and even had a chance to interview the former US president aboard Airforce ...[Read more]
- Provisions already made to address inability to pay academic fees – Mahama Ayariga schooledIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 21, 2021Former Minister of State for Tertiary Education Prof Kwesi Yankah has addressed Mahama Ayariga’s proposition legislation that will suspend academic ...[Read more]
- Tailor who started out in her room gives thanks after opening her own store (Photos)In Gossip, Viral NewsJanuary 21, 2021A Nigerian tailor has served as a source of motivation to many after she shared the impressive upgrade she underwent in her trade as a result of hard ...[Read more]
- Liverpool vs Burnley: Michael Owen predicts EPL clashIn SportsJanuary 21, 2021Tottenham boss, Jose Mourinho, has finally ruled out any possibility of bringing Real Madrid centre-back, Eder Militao to Spurs this January transfer ...[Read more]
- EPL: Mourinho takes decision on bringing Real Madrid centre-back to TottenhamIn SportsJanuary 21, 2021Tottenham boss, Jose Mourinho, has finally ruled out any possibility of bringing Real Madrid centre-back, Eder Militao to Spurs this January transfer ...[Read more]
- NYC subway perv arrested again, accused of masturbating on trainIn USAJanuary 21, 2021A subway perv who allegedly masturbated in front of a woman aboard a Queens train was arrested last week, police announced Wednesday. Fnu ...[Read more]
- Insecurity: Bandits, kidnappers, Cultists and others are the enemies, not Hausa-Fulanis – Gov Seyi MakindeIn NewsJanuary 21, 2021As Oyo state grapples with incidents of kidnapping and banditry, the Oyo state government has dismissed claims that the Hausa-Fulani herdsmen are the ...[Read more]