Jourdan Dunn is a British model and actress who is leading the fight for diversity in the modelling industry.
Jourdan Dunn was born in Brent, London. Jourdan grew up in nearby Greenford with her mother. She attended Elthorne Park High School in Hanwell.
Read Also: KOKOnista Of The Day: Multitalented Janelle Monáe Is Bold, Beautiful And Badass Quirky
Jourdan is of Jamaican, Grenadian and Syrian-Lebanese descent. She admitted to being self-conscious as a teenager, due to her height and weight.
She stated that whilst growing up, people would often tell her she should become a model, but she was apprehensive as she was not really sure what a model did. She commented that shows like America’s Next Top Model intrigued her, as they gave her a new perspective of the job.
In early 2006, at the age of 15, she was scouted by an agent from Storm Management, while accompanying a friend in a London’s Hammersmith Primark store.
She began appearing on international runways in early 2007. In February 2008, she was the first black model to walk a Prada runway in over a decade.
In April 2014, it was announced that Dunn was signed as the new face of Maybelline New York. As of July 2014, she was declared an icon by models.com. Dunn is considered to be one of her generation’s supermodels.
Jourdan has been leading and inspiring with her philanthropic work raising awareness for Sickle-cell disease and her consistent activism for diversity within the modelling industry. Photo Credit: Getty
- Cynthia Morgan Replies Fan Who Described Her As A GeniusIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian-born songwriter and singer Cynthia Ikponmwenosa Morgan well known as Cynthia Morgan has corrected a fan who described her as a ...[Read more]
- JAMB scraps use of email for UTME registration, othersIn Education, Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says the use of email would no longer be required for the processing of registration for the ...[Read more]
- Suspect Arrested After Remains Of High School Student Was Recovered From A Stream A Day To Her Final ExamsIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT A man linked to the death of a High School Student, Brenda Ankunda has been arrested by the men of the Rukungiri Police, Ug anda. ...[Read more]
- Man Arrested For Stabbing Chief Imam For Having Sekz With His Second WifeIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Umar Jibril, popularly known as Ba’adama has been arrested by the police in Niger State for allegedly stabbing the chief Imam of ...[Read more]
- Obaseki lied – FG denies printing N60 billion for statesIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021The federal government has denied claims by Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki that N60 billion was printed in March to support allocation to states. ...[Read more]
- I Don’t Believe In Islam, Jesus Christ Is The Only Way – Reno Omokri SaysIn Nigeria NewsApril 14, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian award-winning author and former aide to Goodluck Jonathan, Reno Omokri has said that he does not believe in the Islamic ...[Read more]
- “If you leave your relationship due to cheating, then you have no business with marriage” – Uti NwachukwuIn Celebrity NewsApril 14, 2021Popular actor and winner of the Big Brother Africa season 5, Uti Nwachukwu has issued out some invaluable advice as regards sustaining relationship ...[Read more]
- Malta will pay travelers to book hotel stays to make up for COVID-19 lossesIn LifestyleApril 14, 2021This Mediterranean island is paying travelers to vacation. Malta, the island in the Mediterranean Sea just south of Sicily, will pay ...[Read more]
- Tacha Akide celebrates birthday of rumoured daughter as she clocks 3 (Video)In Celebrity NewsApril 14, 2021Popular reality star, Natacha ‘Tacha‘ Akide marks the birthday of her alleged daughter as she clocks three years old today. It would be recalled that ...[Read more]
- Get a $50 gift voucher for any personalized Maya J jewelryIn LifestyleApril 14, 2021Warmer weather brings lower-cut tops and shorter sleeves so we can show off extra skin. You are rarely seen without donning trendy ...[Read more]