The Nigeria Basketball Federation (NBBF) has dedicated D’Tigers victories over Team USA and Argentina to late Nigerian singer, Sound Sultan.
The late musician died in the early hours of Sunday, following a four-year battle with angioimmunoblastic t-cell lymphoma while the Nigerian basketball team was registering a historic 90-87 victory over Team US in an Olympic friendly.
He was also a well-known basketball fan, who helped develop the game in the Festac area of Lagos.
Following the Nigerian basketball team’s win over Argentina on Tuesday, the fourth-best team in the world, the NBBF took to its verified Twitter page to dedicate the two massive wins to the late singer.
”We dedicate the victories against the US & Argentina to the late Olanrewaju Fasasi (Sound Sultan).
”You saw this day coming when Nigeria would become a dominant force in global basketball. Ironically, the day we won against Team USA was when you gave up the ghost. RIP,” the tweet read.
The singer who left behind a wife and two children has been buried at a cemetery in New Jersey, United States, according to Islamic rites.
- I’m Absolutely Interested In The Next NBBF Elections- Tijani Umar
- Sound Sultan Reacts As Fans Fails Prank
- Audio + Video: Sound Sultan x Johnny Drille – “Mothaland” (Area Remix)
- New Song: Sound Sultan – Fayaa Fayaa Ft. Duktor Sett
- DOWNLOAD: Eedris Abdulkareem – Country Hard ft Sound Sultan
- DOWNLOAD: Sound Sultan – Naija Hood Rep ft 2Baba
- BREAKING: Sound Sultan is dead
- Hot Music: Sound Sultan ft. 2baba – Naija Hood Rap
- I lost a great brother – Wyclef reacts to Sound Sultan’s death
- Beverly Osu, Denola Grey, VJ Adams, Sound Sultan and others join Odion Ighalo In #DettolCoolDabChallenge