Notable gospel performer, Tope Alabi receives hot waves of backlash after talking down on a popular song titled ‘Oniduro mi’ by Adeyinka Alaseyori.
In a video making rounds on social media, Tope Alabi could be heard correcting the song publicly as she stands on her word that it is so wrong to refer to God as ‘Oniduro mi’ [my guarantor] while backing her claims with caution from the holy spirits from when she tried to sing along.
“God is not my own guarantor; he is more than a guarantor to me. I love the song too but the day I tried singing it, the holy spirit told me to shut up,” she said in the Yoruba language.
“This is not about condemning the song; when you receive a song in the spirit, it is supposed to go through some refining with the holy ghost before producing it, else, you will just be singing rubbish,” she added in part.
Tope Alabi’s claim was however nullified by some of her fans who slammed her for being jealous of the song.
Watch the video below …
See some reactions below …
- Tope Alabi: Let peace reign, she is our mother – ‘Oniduro’ singer, Adeyinka Alaseyori
- Oniduromi: Tope Alabi under fire for condemning Yinka Alaseyori’s song [VIDEO]
- #Oniduromi Challenge Trends On Twitter As Nigerians Blast Gospel Artiste, Tope Alabi For Condemning Alaseyori’s Song
- “Soji Alabi Is The Only Father I Know” – Tope Alabi’s First Daughter Ayomikun Responds To Paternity Scandal
- Tope Alabi got many people crying after sharing video of the tribute song she dedicated to Late Ibidunni Ighodalo (VIDEO)
- Man accuses his baby mama of beating him up over “jealousy, lies and envy”
- Why I composed song for Ibidun Ighodalo – Tope Alabi (Video)
- Singer Sola Allyson Reacts After Tope Alabi Criticized Gospel Song, Oniduromi Mi
- “We understand the concept of GOD differently” – Gospel artiste, Sola Allyson speaks after Tope Alabi criticized gospel song, Oniduromi Mi
- Sean Jimoh Comes At Yoruba Celebrities Shading Tope Alabi After She Publicly Condemned Gospel Song, Oniduromi