Yoruba actress, Folake Aremu, popularly known as Orisabunmi, is dead.
The veteran thespian was 60 years old.
The Theatre Arts And Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria (TAMPAN) confirmed the death.
A member, Tunde Ola-Yusuff, expressed grief in a Facebook post Wednesday morning.
“She left without a goodbye. The sudden death of Mrs Folake Aremu (Orisabunmi) has been announced.
“Really a shock on everyone. Iya Oosa, may God rest your soul among the righteous,” he wrote.
Folake was born on October 10, 1960, in Ilu Ola, Kwara State.
She attended Eruku Commercial College, worked as a teacher, and later as a secretary at Sunny Radio in Ilorin, before going into the theatre industry.
Orisabunmi died four months after her ex-husband, Jimoh Aliu, aka Aworo passed on. They separated two decades ago.
- Veteran Yoruba actress, Orisabunmi dies at 60
- Sister of late Nollywood actress Orisabunmi dies few days after their brotherâs death
- Actress Orisabunmi’s nephew denies claims she and her siblings died from COVID19
- Nollywood mourns as actress, Orisabunmi, dies at 60
- Steve Onishola, brother of late Nollywood star, Orisabunmi dies 24 hours after her
- Orisabunmi’s family clears air on deaths allegedly caused by COVID-19
- “Whosoever that wants you dead will die before you”- Veteran actress Rita Edochie prays for her fans
- Veteran Nollywood actress Louisa Nwobodo is dead
- Veteran Hollywood Actress Cicely Tyson is Dead
- Veteran Nollywood actress, ‘Tinsel’ star, Chizoba Sam-Boye is dead