Nollywood actress, Linda Osifo has explained why most women in the movie industry are more successful than their male colleagues.
When asked why women do better, have more cars than the men in the industry, Osifo, speaking during an interview with Ebuka Obi-Uchendu on Rubbing Minds, said there are so many more avenues for women to make money than men.
According to her, actresses have ambassadorial deals from wig brands, skin care, clothing brands, which is why some of them have more money than men and are able to acquire houses.
Linda said, “As a woman compared to a man I have more options to get more jobs than a man.
“I can advertise hair, wigs, shoes and a wide range of clothes from brands which most men cannot. The ratio of men to women is 1:3 which makes the market wider for us.
“I’ve become a brand ambassador to skincare brands and that’s an industry that men don’t dominate and conquer so this is how women are more successful.
“Women have more opportunities to make money.”
The 29-year-old actress said the mentality of the society that a woman can’t make it on her own is the reason for the rumors that most actresses have illicit affairs.
“I’ve come to understand that society has the mindset that most women can’t succeed on their own. It’s a big problem because there are many women who are doing so much for themselves,” she added.
She noted that social media plays an important role in an actor’s career because we are in a digital world but talent sustains your success.
“The more people on social media platforms, the more you can market to them but at the end of the day talent sustains success,” she said.
Baba Ijesha: Iyabo Ojo reacts to Yomi Fabiyi’s new movie, ‘Oko Iyabo’
- Ini Edo, Omotola & Other Nollywood Stars Celebrate Actress, Linda Osifo With Lovely Birthday Messages
- Nollywood Diva,Linda Osifo all shade of beauty in new picture as she flaunts natural hair
- Nollywood Actress Linda Osifo Posts A Cute Photo, Advises Her Followers
- Nollywood actress, Linda Osifo reveals she nearly had surgery to remove her facial tribal marks
- A Look At Linda Osifo, Genevieve Nnaji’s Look-Alike Who Is The Only Nigerian-Canadian In The Nollywood Industry (Photo)
- ‘Na Only Money, Food & My Work I Like! I No Like Wahala” – Linda Osifo Says
- Actress, Linda Osifo Shares One Thing Everyone Must Make Sure They Have
- Life Would Have Been Pointless Without Purpose – Linda Osifo
- Why I Almost Bleached My Skin – Actress Linda Osifo Reveals
- Melanin Goddess Linda Osifo Steps Out In Jaw Dropping Pink Dress