Youths Waste Much Energy on Irrelevant Issues – Yul Edochie.
The most handsome actor Yul Edochie in the Nollywood world, has recently called out Nigerian youth on social media to stop talking about Davido and Burna Boy after the two superstars clashed at a nightclub in Ghana.
He opined, Nigeria has bigger issues to worry about than the two singers. His comment, however, generated a lot of mixed reactions on Twitter.
However, in this particular encounter, the actor justifies his comments, insisting that he will continue to speak the truth no matter whose ox is gored.
He further talked about his political ambition and his plans for 2023.
You have been concerned about fixing the country called Nigeria. If you are given the opportunity to serve, what will do to right the wrongs?
First thing I’ll do if I become the President of Nigeria is to unite the country. At the moment, there’s no unity in Nigeria. And without unity, there can never be progress. I’ll hit the ground running immediately by assembling a competent team of credible men and women from the 36 states to work with me. Men and women who are fit for various positions irrespective of their tribes or religions. Not to keep favoring only one tribe. That way, every state will have a sense of belonging. The heads of all the parastatals will not be from only one tribe but from different tribes across the country. And yes, I intend to run for President in 2023.
Do you support the call for Igbo presidency and why?
I support the call for Igbo presidency. An Igbo man hasn’t been President of Nigeria in decades. So, if Nigeria truly belongs to all of us then the presidential seat should be rotational. And it shouldn’t end with the Igbos, other tribes should be given a chance as well.
Is your father comfortable with your political aspiration, otherwise how does he react to your political ambition?
My father doesn’t like politics. But I’ve made him understand that I’m not one of those who will keep complaining yet do nothing. I’ll keep making my voice heard and keep pushing to get into the system and change things. So, he wishes me well.
You appear to be his favorite son?
I’m not his favorite son. I’m just the most popular because of my profession. I’m the last son.
In your own opinion, do you think last year’s ENDSARS protest was huge enough to bring the desired change in the country?
Through the #EndSARS protest, the people made their voices heard. We need to keep being our brothers keepers and keep speaking out against injustice.
You are quite active on social media platforms, how do you manage to be so active on social media, considering your busy schedules?
I’m always very busy with work but any issue that affects the masses, I must speak up on it, no matter how busy I am. It’s my duty as a citizen to speak out and ask for a better country.
Are you in support of regulating social media in Nigeria?
I do not support social media regulation.
What’s your assessment of President Buhari’s 2nd term in office?
Worse than the first! As long as dollar is still going up, fuel is going up, food prices are going up, electricity bill is going up, etc, kidnapping, terrorism and hunger are killing the people, how do you explain to the common man that you are doing well as a President?
When Davido and Burna Boy recently had a clash in Ghana, you caused a stir on social media when you called on Nigerian youth to stop talking about the two musicians, adding that Nigeria has bigger issues to worry about. Did you ever imagine your tweet was going to be misinterpreted?
Many Nigerian youths waste so much time and energy discussing issues of very little significance. They hardly sustain discussions that can make Nigeria progress. And for me, I’ll always tell the youths the truth. The truth will be bitter sometimes. The truth might even hurt me as well but I’ll always say the truth. So I’m not worried about being misinterpreted. I’ll keep saying the truth.
How is your relationship with Davido and Burna Boy?
I’m a big fan of Davido and Burna Boy; very big fan. My tweet wasn’t meant to be an insult to them. As celebrities, people will always talk about us. But our gist shouldn’t be all there is to say for days. People will quarrel and people will make up, it’s very simple.
Do you think Burna Boy stands a good chance of winning the Grammy this year?
I don’t follow the Grammys but I know Burna Boy is good. He deserves any award that comes his way. So does Davido, Wizkid, Flavour, Yemi Alade and many other great acts we have.
- Basketmouth Produced Web-Series Papa Benji Ep.12 “The Lies Men Tell”In Celebrity News, EntertainmentFebruary 28, 2021Episode 12 of Basketmouth‘s comedy web series “Papa Benji” is here. This episode is tagged “The Lies Men Tell”. “Papa Benj” comedy features ...[Read more]
- Buhari, Tinubu, El-Rufai All Called For Jonathan’s Resign – Femi Falana Calls For The Release Of DawisuIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsFebruary 28, 2021Human Rights lawyer and activist, Femi Falana has released an official statement calling for the release of Salihu Tanko Yakasai “Dawisu”, the former ...[Read more]
- Actress, Adesua Shares Adorable Photos Of When She Was Pregnant and After Pregnancy (Photos)In Celebrity NewsFebruary 28, 2021Popular Nollywood actress and wife of Banky W, Adesua-Etomi Wellington has recently shared some photos of when she was heavy with her child and some ...[Read more]
- Queens woman struggles with home invaders at gunpoint, intense video showsIn USAFebruary 28, 2021Shocking video shows a Queens woman struggling with two home invaders — including one who put a gun to the victim’s head and barked “If you cry, I ...[Read more]
- Mohammed Dauda scores first Anderlecht goal in win over Standard LiegeIn Ghana, SportsFebruary 28, 2021Ghana forward, Mohammed Dauda, has scored his first goal for Anderlecht in their 3-1 win over Standard Liege on Sunday in the Belgium Jupiler League. ...[Read more]
- CBN Depreciates Naira To N410/$1 From N360/$1 – Godwin Emefiele ConfirmsIn Celebrity News, Nigeria NewsFebruary 28, 2021PIC. 10. GOVERNOR OF CENTRAL BANK, MR GODWIN EMEFIELE, DISPLAYING THE NEW N100 NAIRA COMMEMORATIVE CENTENARY BANKNOTE AFTER THE UNVEILING IN ABUJA ON ...[Read more]
- ‘I Chose Peace Of Mind’ – Davido Cryptically Confirms Dumping Chioma For American Model, Mya YafaiIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsFebruary 28, 2021Davido in a new social media post has confirmed breaking up with his favorite babymama, Chioma and now seeing American model, Mya Ayafai. KOKO TV ...[Read more]
- “One Can’t Post In Peace, These Shallow Jobless People Read Deeper Meanings Into Every Post” – Olakunle Churchill LamentsIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsFebruary 28, 2021Olakunle Churchill took to his Instagram page this morning to lament on how trolls misinterprete some of his post on social media. Churchill had ...[Read more]
- One Day We Will All Learn To Leave Nigerian Men Alone – Burna Boy’s Ex-lover, Jo Pearl Reacts To Davido Dumping Chioma For Mya YafaiIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsFebruary 28, 2021Burna Boy’s alleged ex-lover, Jo Pearl has reacted to a video of Davido holding hands with another woman in St. Maarten. In a viral video shared ...[Read more]
- EPL: Tuchel slams referee for checking VAR after Hudson-Odoi’s handballIn EPL, SportsFebruary 28, 2021Mikel Arteta has hailed his Arsenal side following their 3-1 win over Leicester City on Sunday. Leicester took the lead early on at the King Power ...[Read more]