Former Manchester United defender, Gary Neville, has played down Manchester United’s title chances after they moved top of the Premier League table ahead of second place, Liverpool.
Man United defeated Burnley 1-0 at Turf Moor on Tuesday night to top the Premier League table with 3 points ahead of Liverpool after 17 games, thanks to Paul Pogba’s fine volley.
Neville still doubts the Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side will win the title and says Manchester City remain the real danger.
Neville told Sky Sports: ‘It’s a big win [against Burnley.
“I don’t think anyone is saying Manchester United are going to win the league but the fact that they are in a title race… wow, I never would have imagined it, and you have got to give credit to the players because I have been critical along with a lot of other people in the last two, three, four years because the standard has been well below what the club and fans expect, but they are doing really good things at this moment in time.”
Asked whether Man United can realistically win the league this season, Neville replied: “It’s a strange season. If you would say to me at the start of the season, all of us would have said no-no chance, they are nowhere near the consistency levels.
“But as I sit here tonight, why should not Manchester United fans believe and why should not this team believe. You look at that frontline of Rashford, [Edinson] Cavani, [Anthony] Martial, [Mason] Greenwood. You look at the midfield four, you look at Fernandes, who was not maybe at his best tonight, but then Pogba steps up.
“They have got some fantastic players and other teams are not in great moments. I think City at this moment in time are the ones that maybe are just cool and calm and nobody is really talking about them.
“But City is starting to hit really good form themselves, and that may be the real danger. And when City are at the best, as United found out last week, United are still a little bit below, but the next few days it’s time to have a little bit of fun.”
- Election petition: NDC being prevented from articulating its views – Abass NurudeenIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021The Ashanti Regional National Democratic Congress (NDC) Communication Officer, Abass Nurudeen has accused the justices sitting on the ongoing ...[Read more]
- Never refer to any man of God as your ‘spiritual father’ – Evangelist Papa SheeIn Entertainment, Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Veteran Highlife musician, Evangelist Papa Shee originally known as Nana Yaw Akosah has revealed on Cape Coast-based Kastle FM 90.3MHz monitored by ...[Read more]
- Stop blaming me for bad roads in Ashanti Region, blame Akufo-Addo govt for not releasing money – WontumiIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Road projects in the Ashanti Region have been stalled as a result of the unavailability of funds from the Central Government contrary to earlier ...[Read more]
- You’ll continue to inspire generations of Ghanaians – John Mahama eulogizes RawlingsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former President of Ghana John Dramani Mahama has said that the memory of Jerry John Rawlings countless of generations of Ghanaians. Final burial ...[Read more]
- Reflect on how best Cecilia Marfo’s message can help you – Joyce Blessing toldIn Entertainment, GhanaJanuary 27, 2021Ghanaian male vocalist, Krymi born Henry Nuamah has added his voice to the controversial ongoing bizarre saga between Joyce Blessing and Cecilia ...[Read more]
- Rawlings: An Ewe man’s funeral ‘sadly’ dominated by Akan culture – Social media users lamentIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Gender activist and feminist Felicia Nelson has stated that the funeral of President Jerry John Rawlings should not have been dominated by Akan ...[Read more]
- Celebs must unite and beat up some foolish bloggers who write fake news-Criss Waddle rallies colleaguesIn Entertainment, Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Entertainer and financial muscle behind the AMG Business Criss Waddle have suggested that celebrities need to come together to beat one Ghanaian ...[Read more]
- Get smart Personal Assistants who respect party footsoldiers – Kofi Ofosu Nkansah to new ministersIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Chief Executive Officer of the Accra Digital Centre, Kofi Ofosu Nkansah has appealed to ministers-designate for Education, Health, Interior and ...[Read more]
- 6 âwitchesâ arraigned in Yola court over health of 3-year-old girlIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021Six self-confessed ‘witches’ have been arraigned before a court in Yola, Adamawa state capital over the failing health of a 3-year-old ...[Read more]
- Shatta Wale reacts to reports that he’s sacked BulldogIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Dancehall artiste Shatta Wale has denied reports suggesting that he has sacked his Manager Bulldog. There were reports suggesting that the biggest ...[Read more]