Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has warned his players that their UEFA Champions League, UCL, semi-final second-leg tie against Paris Saint-Germain at Etihad on Tuesday will be tough.
Guardiola gave the warning on Monday during his pre-match press conference.
The Spaniard wants his players to face PSG without emotions, adding that they need to be calmer and know what to do against the visitors.
Man City defeated PSG 2-1 in the first-leg encounter last Wednesday in Paris.
“From my experience, the semi-finals are always difficult,” Guardiola said.
“You play with the result of the first leg, you play with your mind on the final, and sometimes you forget what you have to do – win the game you are playing.
“The semi-final second leg is always the difficult one – always has been like this. Final is completely different.”
“I know what we are playing for,” Guardiola added.
“In these types of games, you don’t need many emotions. You need to be calmer and know what to do.
“I don’t need to tell anyone – the backroom staff, the players, the chefs – everybody knows how important it is. That is the situation.
“Stay at home tonight, arrive in the afternoon, have a pre-match meal and go to the stadium.”
- Davido Allegedly Buys Range Rover For His 1-Year Old Son, IfeanyiIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Popular Nigerian artist and songwriter Davido has allegedly bought a brand new range for his 1-year old son Ifeanyi a few days after he ...[Read more]
- Please You Are Not Well – Omotola Jalade Reacts After Man Drew A Portrait Of HerIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nollywood actress and movie producer Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has reacted sarcastically to a portrait a man drew of her. One of the ...[Read more]
- Here’s the trail of death and destruction allegedly left by members of NYC’s ‘Hoolies’ gangIn USAMay 8, 2021This week’s indictment of 18 reputed gang members not only solved the infamous slaying of a 1-year-old Brooklyn boy, it nailed those responsible for ...[Read more]
- Charter school backer starts PAC to boost Eric Adams’ bid for mayorIn USAMay 8, 2021A major charter school backer is launching a Super PAC to help elect Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams the next mayor of New York City. Jenny ...[Read more]
- Cops say death of 12-year-old NYC boy is ‘suspicious’In USAMay 7, 2021Police are investigating a 12-year-old Brooklyn boy’s death as suspicious. Emergency responders were called to 2920 Cortelyou Road in Flatbush Friday ...[Read more]
- Manhattan Judge says NYC federal lockups are ‘run by morons’In USAMay 7, 2021A senior judge in New York blasted the conditions of two notorious federal jails in the city during a recent sentencing hearing — saying they are run ...[Read more]
- City GOP candidates demand probe of de Blasio and wife over $1B ThriveNYCIn USAMay 7, 2021Republican candidates running for city office called on lawmakers to investigate Mayor Bill de Blasio and his wife, Chirlane McCray, over their $1.25 ...[Read more]
- 8 great ways to celebrate Mother’s Day in NYC this yearIn LifestyleMay 7, 2021It’s the mother of all holidays. And after more than a year of social distancing, what better way to spend this Mother’s Day than by enjoying ...[Read more]
- Presidency Is Not By Allocation, It Is A Result Of A Political Process – El-Rufai Tells IgbosIn Nigeria NewsMay 7, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Governor Nasir El-rufai of Kaduna State has claimed that the Igbos would not be able to secure the presidency by playing the victim and ...[Read more]
- The best Mother’s Day gifts from local NYC small businessesIn LifestyleMay 7, 2021What do moms and NYC shops have in common? After this past year, they’re both deserving of some extra TLC. So grab your wallet and pick up one of ...[Read more]