Tottenham Hotspur manager, Jose Mourinho, has criticized his players after their Premier League 1-1 draw with Fulham on Wednesday night.
He also singled out Hugo Lloris for criticism, adding that the goalkeeper did not make any save against Fulham.
Mourinho explained that Tottenham players failed to “kill the game” when they had opportunities to do so against Fulham.
Goals from Harry Kane and Ivan Cavaleiro ensured both Tottenham and Fulham shared a point each.
“Once more, we conceded a goal that was completely avoidable,” Mourinho told Amazon Prime Video.
“I have to admit in the second half they played more. They were losing and tried, but Hugo Lloris did not make a save, but we did not kill the game.
“Again, we lost the man in the corner. We have lots of opportunities to kill off matches. In other cases, especially away, we are winning but then don’t have that ambition to get the goal and kill the game.
“There are things that are individual. There are things that are individual qualities and individual mistakes. I cannot say more than that.”
Tottenham are now in the sixth position on the Premier League table, with Manchester City rising to third after their 1-0 win over Brighton in Wednesday’s other fixture.
Mourinho’s side will tackle Sheffield United this weekend at Bramall Lane in their next Premier League fixture.
- My machine just landed mehn! – Nigerian mum says as she cruises in her N35 million Tesla (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 15, 2021A video is currently circulating online and it capture the moment a Nigerian mum was taking a ride in her newly acquired Tesla. Her son shared a ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: LASU shuts hostels as three students test positiveIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Ohanaeze youths warns CAN against dabbling into politics, advises ObiozorIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Lagos records 13 new COVID-19 related deathsIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- COVID-19: Obese persons have higher risk of complication – Expert warnsIn COVID-19, Health, NewsJanuary 15, 2021A gynaecologist, Dr Jen Gunter, has advised women against shaving their pubic hair. Gunter, who is author of The Vagina Bible, warned women against ...[Read more]
- FIRS staff union demands motivation for revenue generationIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Members of the Nigeria Civil Service Union (NCSU), Federal Inland Revenue Service unit have urged the management of the agency to motivate its staff ...[Read more]
- Person fatally jumps from Upper East Side apartment buildingIn USAJanuary 15, 2021A person fatally jumped from a luxury apartment building on the Upper East Side early Friday, authorities said. The victim plunged from the ...[Read more]
- Bruno Fernandes breaks all-time Premier League recordIn Premier League, SportsJanuary 15, 2021Manchester United midfielder, Bruno Fernandes, has become the first player ever to clinch the Premier League Player of the Month award four times in ...[Read more]
- NPP MPs went to the chamber at 4am to prove they’re ‘very punctual’ – Afenyo MarkinIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Deputy Leader of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) caucus in Parliament Afenyo Markin has said that his colleagues went to Parliament as early as 3am ...[Read more]
- PHOTO: See new looks of Dr Papa Kwesi Nduom of GN BankIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 15, 2021Dr. Papa Kwesi Nduom who is credited with Group Nduom and other companies in Ghana has for some time now been out of the public eye. The Man has ...[Read more]