Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has said he had to calm his players down at half-time against Burnley, after two VAR decisions went against them.
United eventually went on to win 1-0 at Turf Moor, thanks to Paul Pogba’s fine volley.
The result sends them three points clear at the top of the Premier League.
The hosts could have been one man down in the first half, after Robbie Brady appeared to deny Edinson Cavani a clear goalscoring opportunity.
But after a VAR pitch-side review, referee Kevin Friend disregarded Brady’s foul entirely and instead booked United defender Luke Shaw for an earlier challenge.
United captain, Harry Maguire, then saw his header ruled out due to a controversial foul during his leap.
Solskjaer revealed his players were upset with Friend’s decisions and needed to be calmed at the break.
“You’ve got to calm them down at half-time because emotions are running high because they disagree with the things that happen out there,” Solskjaer told Sky Sports.
“So we have to take back control and we played really well in the second half and we held out at the end.”
- My machine just landed mehn! – Nigerian mum says as she cruises in her N35 million Tesla (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 15, 2021A video is currently circulating online and it capture the moment a Nigerian mum was taking a ride in her newly acquired Tesla. Her son shared a ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: LASU shuts hostels as three students test positiveIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Ohanaeze youths warns CAN against dabbling into politics, advises ObiozorIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Lagos records 13 new COVID-19 related deathsIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- COVID-19: Obese persons have higher risk of complication – Expert warnsIn COVID-19, Health, NewsJanuary 15, 2021A gynaecologist, Dr Jen Gunter, has advised women against shaving their pubic hair. Gunter, who is author of The Vagina Bible, warned women against ...[Read more]
- FIRS staff union demands motivation for revenue generationIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Members of the Nigeria Civil Service Union (NCSU), Federal Inland Revenue Service unit have urged the management of the agency to motivate its staff ...[Read more]
- Person fatally jumps from Upper East Side apartment buildingIn USAJanuary 15, 2021A person fatally jumped from a luxury apartment building on the Upper East Side early Friday, authorities said. The victim plunged from the ...[Read more]
- Bruno Fernandes breaks all-time Premier League recordIn Premier League, SportsJanuary 15, 2021Manchester United midfielder, Bruno Fernandes, has become the first player ever to clinch the Premier League Player of the Month award four times in ...[Read more]
- NPP MPs went to the chamber at 4am to prove they’re ‘very punctual’ – Afenyo MarkinIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Deputy Leader of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) caucus in Parliament Afenyo Markin has said that his colleagues went to Parliament as early as 3am ...[Read more]
- PHOTO: See new looks of Dr Papa Kwesi Nduom of GN BankIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 15, 2021Dr. Papa Kwesi Nduom who is credited with Group Nduom and other companies in Ghana has for some time now been out of the public eye. The Man has ...[Read more]