Manchester United legend, Rio Ferdinand, has revealed how Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, should have handled playmaker, Mesut Ozil’s situation at Emirates.
Ferdinand believes Arteta did not handle Ozil’s situation well at Arsenal, adding that it doesn’t make sense for the Gunners to let the former Real Madrid star depart the North London club.
Ozil is expected to leave Arteta’s side this January transfer window, with the 32-year-old currently considering offers from Fenerbahce and DC United.
“If I was Mikel Arteta, I would have gone in and assessed the situation. Why has not he [Mesut Ozil] played previously? Speak to Mesut,” Ferdinand told the FIVE YouTube channel.
“And then it’s all about how he applies himself on the training pitch. I would ask him how it was in the last regime, but then I would give him a clean slate and say, “Right, you go out there and do the work for me. Work on the training pitch and then I see it playing out in the 90 minutes at the Emirates and all the grounds, then we will have a great time together”, that’s the way I’d have approached it.
“The problem is with this whole situation, and whether you are an Arsenal fan or someone looking in as a football fan, we have not really been given any insights about how the situation has got to where it has got to.
“Mesut Ozil is a World Cup winner, a player who played at [Real] Madrid and was fantastic there, and did some great things at Arsenal.
“But he’s spending more time sitting on Twitter and Instagram talking about his team and the young players and sending out funny messages than he is kicking a ball and it doesn’t make sense to me.”
- Nollywood actor, Ernest Asuzu is deadIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 27, 2021Nigerian Instagram comedian, Debo Adebayo, popularly known as Mr Macaroni has taken a swipe on the Buhari-led administration over its handling of the ...[Read more]
- Policewoman sacked for getting pregnant before marriageIn GossipJanuary 27, 2021A female officer of the Nigeria Police Force has been dismissed for getting pregnant before marriage. The lady identified as Corporal Olajide Omolola ...[Read more]
- If you fall under anointing and break anything, you will pay – Pastor warns church members (Video)In GossipJanuary 27, 2021A Nigerian pastor has issued a warning to his church members who are fond of falling under the anointing and breaking church properties. In a ...[Read more]
- Nigerian woman expresses regret after finding out the baby she abandoned at age 2 is now a kingIn GossipJanuary 27, 2021A woman simply known as Ngozi has cried out in regret for treating her husband unfairly and abandoning her baby many years ago. She revealed that she ...[Read more]
- “She is a just friend” – Ned Nwoko clears the air on affair with Zambian mistressIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 27, 2021Popular politician, Ned Nwoko has cleared the air on his move to marry an eighth wife, after an alleged affair with a Zambian, Phyllis Thompson. It ...[Read more]
- Court orders final forfeiture of millions found in former Governor Abdulaziz Yariâs account to FGIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021A Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Tuesday January 26, ordered the final forfeiture of millions found in the bank account of former ...[Read more]
- Lawmakers ask Ministry of Health to stop its plans to use N10 billion in production of COVID19 vaccinesIn NewsJanuary 27, 2021The National Assembly Joint Committee on Health has asked the Ministry of Health to suspend further actions on plans to utilize the N10 billion ...[Read more]
- Petition challenging our client’s dead-on-arrival – Lawyers for Assin North MPIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Lawyers for Assin North Member of Parliament(mp) James Gyakye Quayson are asking the Cape Coast High Court in the Central Region to dismiss the ...[Read more]
- EPL: Arteta gives injury updates on Partey, Smith Rowe ahead of Man Utd clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 27, 2021Odion Ighalo, on Tuesday, paid tribute to Manchester United with a farewell letter. The Nigerian striker thanked Man United management and fans ...[Read more]
- The north became NDC when Adu Boahen said give them kerosene not electricity – John Tia recalls ’92 insultsIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 27, 2021Former Information Minister John Tia has revealed why people in the Northern part of Ghana always vote for the National Democratic Congress (NDC). ...[Read more]