Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, has said he had to calm his players down at half-time against Burnley, after two VAR decisions went against them.
United eventually went on to win 1-0 at Turf Moor, thanks to Paul Pogba’s fine volley.
The result sends them three points clear at the top of the Premier League.
The hosts could have been one man down in the first half, after Robbie Brady appeared to deny Edinson Cavani a clear goalscoring opportunity.
But after a VAR pitch-side review, referee Kevin Friend disregarded Brady’s foul entirely and instead booked United defender Luke Shaw for an earlier challenge.
United captain, Harry Maguire, then saw his header ruled out due to a controversial foul during his leap.
Solskjaer revealed his players were upset with Friend’s decisions and needed to be calmed at the break.
“You’ve got to calm them down at half-time because emotions are running high because they disagree with the things that happen out there,” Solskjaer told Sky Sports.
“So we have to take back control and we played really well in the second half and we held out at the end.”
- NMA reveals how COVID-19 cases are increasing in NigeriaIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Suspected yahoo boys filmed spraying bundles of money into a river (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 16, 2021A video has surfaced on social media showing the moment some young Nigerian men believed to be internet fraudsters, commonly called yahoo boys were ...[Read more]
- Watch Kamaldeen Sulemana’s cheeky finish for Nordsjaelland in win over HelsingorIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 16, 2021Black Stars teenage sensation, Kamaldeen Sulamana, scored an amazing goal for Norsdjaelland in their 4-2 win over FC Helsingor in a friendly played ...[Read more]
- 2021: Fresh prophecies about Pope Francis, Pastors Kumuyi, Adeboye, Bakare, T.B Joshua, Oyedepo, others emergeIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Paternity Scandal: ‘I’m not leaving my husband’ – Wife of FCMB MD, NuruIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Socialite Susan Gutfreund sells $7.4M spoils of family’s tarnished pastIn LifestyleJanuary 16, 2021In the mid-1980s, Susan and John Gutfreund were the queen and king of New York’s high-society scene, making their mark in Page Six with their ...[Read more]
- Infrastructure: Senator Orji tasks leaders on welfare of citizenryIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Former Abia State Governor and the Senator representing Abia Central District in the red chamber of the National Assembly, Chief Theodore Orji,has ...[Read more]
- Three suspected armed robbers arrested in OsunIn Local NewsJanuary 16, 2021No fewer than two persons have been arrested for illegally sewing uniform of Oyo State Security Network Agency also known as Amotekun. DAILY POST ...[Read more]
- Aguleri/Umuleri crisis: Obiano imposes 3-day curfewIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Former Abia State Governor and the Senator representing Abia Central District in the red chamber of the National Assembly, Chief Theodore Orji,has ...[Read more]
- The true story of Allan ‘Mr. Apology’ Bridge, founder of an apology hotlineIn LifestyleJanuary 16, 2021New York is a city of secrets. The man who called himself Mr. Apology knew more than 100,000 of them thanks to his Apology Line, which let people ...[Read more]