A former Liverpool defender, Steve Nicol, has predicted that neither Manchester United nor Jurgen Klopp’s side will both win their Premier League and FA Cup clashes this month.
Liverpool and Man United will meet this weekend in the Premier League and then will do battle again a week later in the FA Cup fourth round.
But Nicol believes that no side will leave both games with two wins because of how close together the fixtures are.
Liverpool presently leads the Premier League table with goal difference but Man United will go into Sunday’s meeting on top of the table if they avoid defeat against Burnley on Tuesday night at Turf Moor.
“Well, the only thing I can tell you is that it is extremely unusual that one team wins both,” Nicol told ESPN.
“Having been in that situation in many, many situations – depending on the result of the first one, the other one goes completely different.
“I guess if you are Liverpool: do you want to win the FA Cup game or do you want to win the Premier League game? It is the same question for Manchester United.
“When you go into it, you will think, “Oh right, we will win both”. But as I said, experience tells me and being involved in it many, many times no one team wins both.
“I guess if you ask both of these sides, which one do you want to win. I suggest that both will say the Premier League game.”
- Court fixes Feb. 4 for suit seeking Dogara’s sackIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Zamfara State Police Command has confirmed the death of eight people in an attack by suspected armed bandits on Janbako community of Maradun ...[Read more]
- Cross River secuirty taskforce demolish houses of suspected kidnappersIn Local NewsJanuary 18, 2021An Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP Okubo Aboye, 57, and his mechanic, Niyi Ibrahim Afolabi, 39, on Monday, bagged life imprisonment for ...[Read more]
- Vaccine skepticism hurts East European anti-virus effortsIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021BELGRADE, Serbia — Vaccines from the West, Russia or China? Or none at all? That dilemma faces nations in southeastern Europe, where coronavirus ...[Read more]
- How to get a free bag of marijuana with the COVID-19 vaccineIn LifestyleJanuary 18, 2021Get stuck and take a puff. Cannabis activist group DC Marijuana Justice plans to offer weed gift bags to those who get the COVID-19 vaccine in the ...[Read more]
- Zamfara police command neutralizes 8 suspected bandits in ZamfaraIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Ohanaeze: Concerned stakeholders move to restore investigate parallel groupIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Anambra school teachers protest resumption without studentsIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021
- Amotekun must work with DSS, Police, Miyetti Allah – Alaafin of OyoIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021The Alaafin Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi on Sunday has said the Amotekun regional security outfit cannot be successful with working with the Department of ...[Read more]
- Nnamdi Kanu reacts to Aisha Yesufu, Savvi Rinu’s comments on Nigeria being worse than zooIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has thanked activists Aisha Yesufu and Bolatito Rinu Oduala, popularly known as Savvi ...[Read more]
- Adamu Aliyu takes over as Adamawa’s new CP, vows to eliminate Shila BoysIn NewsJanuary 18, 2021Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has thanked activists Aisha Yesufu and Bolatito Rinu Oduala, popularly known as Savvi ...[Read more]