Chelsea boss, Thomas Tuchel has said that his countryman, Kai Havertz is giving him a selection headache ahead of their Champions League semi-final second leg clash against Real Madrid on Wednesday.
Chelsea and Real Madrid settled for a 1-1 in Spain last Tuesday, with Christian Pulisic scoring for the Blues and veteran striker, Karim Benzema equalising for the home side.
The second leg is slated for Wednesday and Havertz has fired warning to Zinedine Zidane’s men by scoring twice in the Blues’ 2-0 win over Fulham on Saturday and will now be pushing for a start against the La Liga giants.
He was a 66th-minute substitute in the 1-1 first leg draw in Spain and when asked if the Germany international had given him a selection headache, Chelsea boss Tuchel told talkSPORT: “Yeah, of course.
“This is what we need. It’s not possible that you know your line-up for a Champions League semi-final on the Saturday before.
“I want to make my decision on Tuesday and this is part of the performance today that the guys who came in don’t judge it and play with maybe an attitude with, ‘now I play, but I wanted to play last Tuesday’.
“No, they came in and showed and gave me something to think about. That’s the best situation we can have.”
Chelsea are now six points clear of fifth-placed West Ham who play Burnley on Monday.
- Governor Bala Says FG Can’t Revive Nigeria’s EconomyIn Nigeria NewsMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed has stated that the Federal Government has no clue on how to balance the nation economically. As ...[Read more]
- Feds green light four new Metro-North stations in the BronxIn USAMay 13, 2021The feds have given the green light for the MTA’s plan to build four new Penn Station-bound Metro-North rail stations in the Bronx, Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...[Read more]
- Reality Star, Ifu Ennada Wrestles Assistant ‘Jesus’ Who Dragged Her For Showing Off Her CleavagesIn Nigeria NewsMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Reality TV star, Iheme Faith Uloma popularly known as Ifu Ennada has lampooned a fan who chided her after she showed her cleavages in ...[Read more]
- New NYC mayoral poll shows Eric Adams leading Andrew Yang ahead of first debateIn USAMay 13, 2021A new survey shows Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams once again emerging as the favorite of likely Democratic voters for the June 22 primary, ...[Read more]
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother confirms his next clubIn SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- EPL: Jorginho clears air on leaving Chelsea after 1-0 defeat to ArsenalIn EPL, SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- Critics rip ‘wrong’ Cuomo for ‘harassment is not making someone uncomfortable’ claimIn USAMay 13, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo insisted Thursday that “harassment is not making someone feel uncomfortable” — a claim that critics quickly blasted as laughably ...[Read more]
- Accused COVID relief fraudster belongs to extremist group, feds sayIn USAMay 13, 2021A man who allegedly worked with two cohorts in an attempt bilk the US government out of $14 million in COVID-19 relief funds is a self-described ...[Read more]
- Auto crash claims 2 lives in OnitshaIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]
- Nigerian sentenced to 27 years in prison for killing fellow student in CyprusIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]