Ghanaian actor, James Gardiner has taken to Instagram to support John Dumelo who is running for Parliament for Ayawaso West Wuogon.
This comes after other colleague actors, Kalybos, Prince David Osei, and others threw their weight behind John Dumelo’s contender, Ms. Lydia Seyram Alhassan.
In what seems like an open letter, James Gardiner commended the resilience and working spirit of John Dumelo. He also urged him to stay focused.
Read the full post below:
I hope you are doing well and staying safe. I decided to make this letter public because I would like for everyone who isn’t paying attention to see how driven and relentless you are in vying for a challenging position of service to mankind. I’ve known you for many years but this is beyond friendship. If there’s one thing I would commend u about, it would be your spirit of resilience and how you make it look so effortless!!! How do you do it? I know you’ve had some downs, but you don’t stay down, you get back up, dust yourself off and keep moving. We learn from our mistakes.
Kofi, I’m sure a lot of people would doubt you in your quest to become the Member of Parliament for Ayawaso West Wougon Constituency but I know that, that even rekindles your energy to keep you going. It started off as a dismissal conversation, then you won the primaries and then the reality set in! You didn’t just get here overnight. It’s the passion you’ve had also for politics. It is glaringly obvious you have done more than enough to set an example of service to humanity. Though you are not an MP yet, you have, in your own little way shown a glimpse of hope in the good things you are setting out to do for the people. Donation of laptops to students, Start up Capitals for the needy to start their businesses, a Mushroom Initiative as an employment avenue. Your donations and your dedication during these ‘not so ordinary’ times have been remarkable! You were there during the fire outbreak and during the floody times.
You were there to give a helping hand whenever and wherever you could. You’ve always been there. And for that I say Ayekoo!! A lot of people may say that all your good works you’ve done is a desperate solicitation for votes, but I pray you stay true to your course, yourself and to the people. You present another opportunity to show and prove that creatives are layered people of substance (and more than just ‘entertainers’) I hope that in the end, after all this is over, you would proudly stand in your office, look back at the toil and sweat u shed and tell your constituents and yourself, ‘We did it.’ Get to work already John! We move! #Idey4u
See the Instagram post below:
- Nigeria, others seek UK support over Boko Haram, ISWAPIn Boko Haram, NewsJanuary 23, 2021The Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) says it is exploring areas of support from the United Kingdom in the fight against terrorism. Chief of ...[Read more]
- ECOWAS: President Akufo-Addo laments terror attacks in Nigeria, othersIn Akufo-Addo, NewsJanuary 23, 2021A foremost traditional Ruler in Nigeria and Eze Ukwu of Ngwa land, Eze Dr Bernard Enweremadu has passed on at the age of 77 years. Announcing the ...[Read more]
- “Why Celebrities Hide Their Relationships” – KiddwayaIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 23, 2021Billionaire’s son and ex-BBNaija housemate, Kiddwaya has taken to social media ans disclosed the reason celebrities hide their relationships. The ...[Read more]
- New Jersey gym owner charged in Capitol riotIn USAJanuary 23, 2021A New Jersey gym owner and former ultimate fighter who got attention for defying the COVID lockdown was arrested for his role in the Capitol riot on ...[Read more]
- FA Cup: Arteta under fire for selecting Willian, Pepe in 1-0 defeat to SouthamptonIn SportsJanuary 23, 2021Arsenal legend, Paul Merson, has questioned Mikel Arteta’s selection as the team crashed out of the FA Cup on Saturday. The Gunners lost 1-0 to ...[Read more]
- ‘My Mum’s Body Is Natural’ – Actress Biodun Okeowo’s DaughterIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsJanuary 23, 2021Victoria, the daughter of popular Yoruba actress, Biodun Okeowo, has in a recent interview with City People described how she feels whenever ...[Read more]
- “A woman’s happiest day isn’t her wedding day” – Actress, EtinosaIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 23, 2021Nollywood actress and mother of one, Etinosa Idemudia has said that the happiest day in a woman’s life isn’t her wedding day. The beautiful thespian ...[Read more]
- Brooklyn serial killings part of scary rise in NYCHA murder rateIn USAJanuary 23, 2021Murder is skyrocketing in New York City Housing Authority complexes, police revealed Friday, a day after accusing a Brooklyn handyman in the ...[Read more]
- Piers Morgan’s tribute to Larry King is so shady…In NewsJanuary 23, 2021Piers Morgan took to Twitter to pay tribute to Larry King after the legendary talk show host passed but his choice of words raised brows. Piers ...[Read more]
- Abia Monarch, Eze Bernard Enweremadu passes onIn NewsJanuary 23, 2021A foremost traditional Ruler in Nigeria and Eze Ukwu of Ngwa land, Eze Dr Bernard Enweremadu has passed on at the age of 77 years. Announcing the ...[Read more]