Accra Hearts of Oak are unbeaten in their last six games, making a significant jump on the League log and picking four wins, two draws (14) points from a possible 19.
The Phobians needed two goals in either half to beat two-time Champions Aduana Football Club on Sunday to climb to fourth in the League standings. New coach Samuel Boadu is gradually picking the pieces and a win on Sunday would take his winning run to three games on the spin.
The former Medeama SC coach began his Hearts of Oak journey with a draw against rivals Asante Kotoko and have gone on to beat WAFA (4-0) and Aduana FC (2-0).
Hearts of Oak have scored six goals in two games and seem to have rediscovered their goal scoring shoes with Victor Aidoo netting 7 goals in the on-going campaign. Nuru Sulley, Mohammed Alhassan, Raddy Ovouka and Mohammed Fataw have made the backline their own following consistent displays for the Phobians.
They are currently in fourth place with 30 points, three points’ adrift, Great Olympics who have 33 points from 18 matches.
On Saturday, the Phobians have a test against AshantiGold at the Obuasi Len Clay stadium in a match day 19 encounter. The Miners began the second round with a gallant away display that earned them one point against Karela United at Aiyinase.
New signing Kofi Mensah put up a man of the match performance to win them one point as he pulled some crucial saves to keep them in the game until Umar Basiru’s late equalizer. The former Ghanaian champions have not lost a game in Obuasi this season, sitting in 10th place with 23 points.
They lost Hans Kwofie to Legon Cities in the second window but still possess enough quality to punish the Phobians. New Coach Romain Folz would expect Mark Agyekum, Isaac Opoku Agyemang, Amos Addai, Jacob Apau and Seth Osei to pull some magic against an improved Hearts of Oak side on Saturday.
A win against Hearts of Oak would be their first in four games following three defeats and one draw in their last three games. Ashanti Gold have won 9 times in their last 25 meetings with Hearts of Oak.
The game, scheduled for the Len Clay stadium on Saturday, will be broadcasted live on StarTimes Adepa channel 247.
Credit: Ghana Football Association
- Vandals smash NYPD cop car window while officers respond to 911 callIn USAApril 17, 2021Vandals smashed the rear window of an NYPD patrol car while the officers were responding to a desperate call for help in the Bronx, police said ...[Read more]
- Where 2021 NYC mayoral candidates send their kids to schoolIn USAApril 17, 2021As co-chair of the mayor’s School Diversity Advisory Group, Maya Wiley advocated to end the city’s Gifted and Talented program, the specialized ...[Read more]
- “Allow me to enjoy myself” – Little boy screams while consuming bottle of alcoholic drink amid cheers (Video)In Viral NewsApril 17, 2021Video footage captures the moment a little boy entertained the audience as he consumed a bottle of alcoholic drink with much ease. In the video, the ...[Read more]
- NYC sees ‘unprecedented’ amount of COVID vaccine availabilityIn USAApril 17, 2021New York City was awash in COVID-19 vaccination opportunities Saturday, a possible turning point in the inoculation campaign where supply may be ...[Read more]
- Dad who wrote scathing letter to Brearley about race focus: ‘Someone had to’In USAApril 17, 2021A father fed up with an elite Manhattan prep school’s heavy-handed focus on race won’t re-enroll his daughter in the fall, accusing the school of ...[Read more]
- Random ‘sucker-punch’ assaults leave frightened NYC residents on edgeIn USAApril 17, 2021An Upper West Side man is cold-cocked in Chelsea. An unhinged stranger throws a roundhouse at a woman outside a subway station on the Upper West ...[Read more]
- New York’s COVID-19 hospitalizations, positivity rate dropsIn USAApril 17, 2021The number of New Yorkers hospitalized with COVID-19 continues to sink, along with the state’s positivity rate, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Saturday. ...[Read more]
- Colleagues demand justice in death of pregnant lawyer Adaeze IkpeamaIn Local News, NewsApril 17, 2021Madonna University Alumni Association (MUAA) has expressed shock and remorse over the demise of Adaeze Destiny Ikpeama. The deceased, a member of the ...[Read more]
- FA Cup: Guardiola defends Man City’s team selection after 1-0 defeat to ChelseaIn SportsApril 17, 2021Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, has defended his team selection following a 1-0 defeat to Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final on Saturday. ...[Read more]
- Police busts teenage robbery gang in LagosIn Local NewsApril 17, 2021Armed men suspected to be killer herdsmen, have butchered a family of four and three other residents of Mbamondu community, Modern Market Council ...[Read more]