Dreams FC scored two second half goals to beat Hearts of Oak 2-0 on match day 22 of the Ghana Premier League at the theatre of Dreams, Dawu on Sunday.
Ali Huzaif and Sylvester Simba scored two beautiful goals to give Dreams FC a well-deserved win against 10 man Hearts of Oak.
Hearts of Oak defender Nuru Sulley was sent off in the 55th minute of the game and got punished for it.
Ibrahim Issah should have scored as early as the fifth minute as he benefited from a miscommunication in the defence of the Phobians but the winger fluffed the chance.
Solomon Agbasi and Benjamin Mensah pulled some decent saves in the game to keep the game at 0-0 with Fatawu Mohammed, Ali Huzaif and Agyenim Mensah with all coming close.
Ten minutes into the second half, Hearts were reduced to ten men when defender Nuru Sulley got sent off for a second yellow card – Dreams FC took the lead then Huzaif bundled home a rebound after Mensah had spilled his powerful header.
William Dankyi found Captain Fatawu Mohammed in the box following a decent cross from the left side but Fatawu shot wide from inside the box.
Dreams could have scored the second goal in late on but Sylvester Simba had his shot at goal deflected by Fatawu Mohammed for a throw-in.
In injury time, substitute Sylvester Simba picked up a loose ball from the right corner – raced with it and delivered a low drive which beat goalkeeper Benjamin Mensah at the near post for the second goal of the game.
The Dawu side held on to win the tie 2-0 at the theatre of Dreams – their second win in the second round of the League.
The results takes Dreams FC to 5th in the League table, level on points (34) with Hearts of Oak after 22 League matches.
Credit: Ghana Football Association
- Ghana paired with Nigeria in AWCON qualifiersIn GhanaMay 10, 2021Advertisement Ghana have been paired with champions Nigeria in the first round of the 2022 AWCON qualifiers. The draw which was held in Cairo on ...[Read more]
- Two Chibok girls bag degrees from US university 7 years after escaping Boko Haram (Video)In Education, Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021Two former students of Government Girls Secondary School, Chibok in Borno state, have graduated from Southeastern University in the United States ...[Read more]
- Bayelsa Councillor rejects fundraising after she built bridge with funds meant for her official carIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021A Bayelsa State councillor, Onem Miracle Tyna, has rejected offers of a GoFundMe or any other fundraising campaign planned on her behalf by members ...[Read more]
- Villagers stunned to find giant frog as big as ‘a human baby’In LifestyleMay 10, 2021Frogzilla! Solomon Islands villagers were flabbergasted after encountering a frog as big “as a human baby” during a hunting expedition, the ...[Read more]
- I’m Still Your Crush, Don’t Try To Play Me – Olakunle Churchill ClaimsIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Newly married Olakunle Churchill has come through with some shades saying he knows he’s someone’s crush asking the person not to try ...[Read more]
- Biafra, Oduduwa: Hypocrite, Nigeria must break up – Pastor Giwa replies T.B JoshuaIn Biafra, NewsMay 10, 2021The Senior Pastor of the Awaiting the Second Coming of Christ Ministry, Adewale Giwa, has responded to T.B Joshua’s declaration that Nigeria will not ...[Read more]
- UK Army tests suit that can make their soldiers fly in the air (Video)In Viral News, World NewsMay 10, 2021The British Royal Navy and Royal Marines may soon be using a kit that would give their officers an aerial advantage during operations. According to ...[Read more]
- Paris court tries anti-racism activist for statue attackIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021PARIS — A French activist for Black rights went on trial in Paris on Monday for defacing a statue of a historical figure from France’s colonial, ...[Read more]
- Elevator packed with law enforcement officers collapses in BrooklynIn USAMay 10, 2021An elevator collapsed in a Brooklyn building Monday morning with about two dozen members of federal and local law enforcement agencies inside, ...[Read more]
- Women’s FA Cup Round of 32 draw heldIn GhanaMay 10, 2021Advertisement The draw for the round of 32 of the 2020/21 Women’s FA Cup season took place on Monday, May 10, 2021. The Teams were grouped into five ...[Read more]