Hafiz Konkoni scored a brace as Bechem United made light work of former champions Aduana Stars at the Nana Gyeabuor Park on Sunday in Match Week 20 action.
The home team took the lead just three minutes into the first half through forward Hafiz Konkoni, before Dennis Modzaka doubled their lead in the 21st minute.
The visitors would head into the break three goals down after Sampson Adjei Adjetey added Bechem United’s third just 2 minutes to half-time.
Aduana could not find their way back into the game as Konkoni found the back of the net yet again to record his second goal and put the hosts in total control of the game.
At the Golden City Park, Berekum Chelsea came from behind to record a 2-1 win over Ebusua Dwarfs on Sunday.
The result extends their unbeaten run at home to eleven games and moves the team into the top half of the league log ahead of Aduana Stars.
Ebusua Dwarfs were the better side in the first half and deservedly went into the break with the advantage courtesy of Enoch Afram’s goal in the 18th minute.
The home team however improved in the second-half and found the equaliser in the 53rd minute via Stephen Badu.
Kofi Owusu sealed the deal for Berekum Chelsea in the 83rd minute.
The result leaves Ebusua Dwarfs just three points above the relegation zone in 13th place.
Elsewhere at the Obuasi Len Clay Stadium, Liberty Professionals recorded back to back wins for the first time this season with a 1-0 victory over Techiman Eleven Wonders.
The Techiman based club have had to move to the Obuasi stadium after the GFA banned them from using the Nana Ameyaw Park for defying COVID-19 protocols in their game against Asante Kotoko SC a fortnight ago.
Liberty had the chances in the first half but failed to convert them.
The visitors however got the breakthrough in the 50th minute of the second half through Kwaku Karikari.
Eleven Wonders tried hard to find the equaliser in the dying embers of the game but the game would end in defeat for the home team.
Meanwhile, Medeama recorded a 2-1 victory over Legon Cities in Tarkwa to move to within 2 points of league leaders Asante Kotoko. The win was however overshadowed by midfielder Justice Blay’s injury which is suspected to be a broken ankle.
Prince Opoku Agyemang opened the scoring for the home team in the 23rd minute.
However just before the end of the first-half, Joseph Adjei was shown a red card for a horrible tackle on Justice Blay.
Issaka Mohammed leveled for the visitors in the 80th minute but their joy was short-lived as substitute Kwasi Donsu who replaced Justice Justice Blay scored to restore the lead and secure victory for the home team.
In Dawu, the Ghana Premier League match between Dreams FC and Karela United was abandoned after a downpour during the second-half of the Match week 20 fixture on Sunday at the Theatre of Dreams.
The first-half of the game ended goalless as both teams failed to create enough chances to give them the advantage heading into the break.
The second-half begun with both teams looking to break the deadlock but just five minutes into the action, the referee had to bring an end to the game as the pitch could not handle the intensity of the rain.
The match will be concluded on Monday, 19th April, 2020 and will be continued from the 50 minute where it ended.
In Sunday’s last game, Accra Hearts of Oak recorded a ….. win over Inter Allies
A last-gasp goal by Samuel Arthur gave Elmina Sharks a 1-0 victory over WAFA SC at the Cape Coast Stadium.
Sharks went into the match hoping to return to winning ways following their 4-0 hammering at hands of Liberty Professionals in Match Week 19.
The match looked to be heading to a goalless draw as both teams failed to find the back of the net after several attempts but Samuel Arthur had other plans as his strike gave the home team the maximum points in the dying embers of the game (90+4).
King Faisal were held to a goalless draw by Ashantigold on Saturday at the Nana Ameyaw Park in Techiman.
Both teams had several opportunities in the game to take the lead but failed to do so.
U-20 goalkeeper Ibrahim Danlad was named man of the match after he helped his side secure the draw by saving several attempts from Ashantigold.
The result leaves King Faisal in 17th place with 19 points from 20 games while Ashantigold find themselves in 8th place.
Kumasi Asante Kotoko held Accra Great Olympics to a goalless draw at the Accra Sports Stadium on Friday in Match Week 20 of the Ghana Premier League.
Both teams were looking to secure all three points in a bid to boost their title bid but in a game that was highly competitive, the two sides failed to find the back of the net.
The result leaves Kotoko at the summit of the table with 35 points while Olympics remain in 2nd place with 34.
However, Karela United may return to the summit of the table should they secure a win over Dreams FC in the yet to be completed game.
Credit: Ghana Premier League – Citi Sports Online
- PHOTOS: From Miami To Mexico – Boss-chick Lawyer, Sandra Ankobiah Celebrates Her Birthday At A Beautiful Mexican BeachIn EntertainmentMay 18, 2021Google and Wikipedia say that Boss-chick lawyer, Sandra Ankobiah is 38 years old today. Huh? That’s too much for Sandra Ankobiah — and we are waiting ...[Read more]
- Inside Natasha Thahane’s Housewarming Dinner (Photos)In South AfricaMay 18, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Sharing some moments from the special occasion, Thahane shared the scripture Joshua 24:15 from the Bible. “And if it seem evil unto you ...[Read more]
- MTA says de Blasio’s ‘irresponsible’ subway cop math doesn’t add upIn USAMay 18, 2021MTA leaders are calling into question Mayor de Blasio’s commitment to put more cops on the subway — accusing Hizzoner of misleading them and the ...[Read more]
- If I’m Owing You, Forgive Me Jesus Has Paid – Teni To Those She OwesIn Nigeria NewsMay 18, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Teniola Apata better known as Teni the entertainer has asked those she’s owing some money to forgive her because Jesus has paid for her ...[Read more]
- New Dutch exhibition takes unflinching look at slaveryIn LifestyleMay 18, 2021AMSTERDAM — The delicacy of one of the first objects in new exhibition at Amsterdam’s Rijksmuseum belies its brutality. At the end of a thin iron rod ...[Read more]
- EPL: Michael Owen advises Harry Kane amid interest from Chelsea, Man United, Man CityIn SportsMay 18, 2021Michael Owen, former Liverpool player, has advised Tottenham Hotspur striker, Harry Kane, that it’s ‘now or never’ for him to leave the club this ...[Read more]
- De Blasio can’t say whether he’d vote for a Republican over Gov. CuomoIn USAMay 18, 2021Mayor Bill de Blasio took the fifth Tuesday when asked whether he’d choose one of the GOP candidates running for governor over voting to re-electing ...[Read more]
- I’m The Rich Mnisi Of The Kitchen – Somizi BragsIn South AfricaMay 18, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Taking to his social media account, the star told his fans that he just got booked for his first gig as a private chef and the food ...[Read more]
- Strippers are back on the job but COVID rules are hurting their payIn LifestyleMay 18, 2021When California stripper Brittney, 26, walked into San Francisco’s reopened Gold Club stripping venue again in April after a year, she was confronted ...[Read more]
- 10 suspected rail line vandals, 7 illegal miners paraded in BenueIn Local NewsMay 18, 2021The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Benue Command, on Tuesday, paraded 10 persons over alleged vandalism of rail lines at Udei in ...[Read more]