Dreams FC registered their first win in four matches after posting a 1-0 win against Karela United FC at the theatre of Dreams, Dawu Monday.
The match day 20 fixture, originally scheduled for Sunday had to be rescheduled after a heavy down pour made parts of the Dawu the pitch unplayable.
Osafo Abednego scored the only goal of the match on the 90th minute mark after soaring above everyone else to slam home Emmanuel Ocran’s corner kick.
The defender directed his header straight into the top left corner to score the match winner. Agyenim Boateng had a sitter to increase the tally for the Still Believe lads but the former Nzema Kotoko man hit his free kick straight into the arms of Karela United goalkeeper Yaw Ansah.
The result ends Dreams FC’s three game winless run – having recorded two defeats to Great Olympics (1-0) and Medeama SC (2-0) and drawn (1-1) with Inter Allies in the process.
They have moved one place up to sixth in the League table with 30 points after 20 matches. Karela United are now in fifth place with 32 points.
Credit: Ghana Football Association
- Paris court tries anti-racism activist for statue attackIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021PARIS — A French activist for Black rights went on trial in Paris on Monday for defacing a statue of a historical figure from France’s colonial, ...[Read more]
- Elevator packed with law enforcement officers collapses in BrooklynIn USAMay 10, 2021An elevator collapsed in a Brooklyn building Monday morning with about two dozen members of federal and local law enforcement agencies inside, ...[Read more]
- Women’s FA Cup Round of 32 draw heldIn GhanaMay 10, 2021Advertisement The draw for the round of 32 of the 2020/21 Women’s FA Cup season took place on Monday, May 10, 2021. The Teams were grouped into five ...[Read more]
- Why are people getting choked up at this ad for gum?In LifestyleMay 10, 2021This one hit hard. An epic new commercial for Wrigley’s Extra brand gum that celebrates the end of the COVID-19 pandemic is giving cooped up viewers ...[Read more]
- Nigerians in diaspora with expired passports can come back home for renewal – FGIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, says Nigerians in diaspora with expired passports can return home for the renewal “without fear of ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: FG re-imposes curfew, restriction on mass gatheringIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021The Federal Government has re-introduced a nationwide curfew to curtail further spread of COVID-19. National Incident Manager, Mukhtar Mohammed, ...[Read more]
- SUNY, CUNY to require students to get COVID vaccine by fall, Cuomo saysIn USAMay 10, 2021Both SUNY and CUNY will require students to get COVID-19 vaccines before the next academic year, Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Monday. The public ...[Read more]
- No Body Has A Manual To Keep A Man – Nkechi Blessing Subtly ShadesIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Actress Nkechi Blessing has subtly shaded her colleagues whose marriage has ended saying no one has a manual to keep a man and a ...[Read more]
- “There’s nothing worse than a broke famous person” – DJ Big NIn Celebrity NewsMay 10, 2021Nigerian hip-hop Dj Big N dishes out advice to entrepreneurs and his fans as he disclosed there’s nothing worse than a broke famous person. Big N ...[Read more]
- NYC shootings keep soaring, up 86 percent over 2020: NYPD dataIn USAMay 10, 2021The gun violence in Gotham more than doubled last week — capped by a wild shooting in Times Square that left a 4-year-old girl among three people ...[Read more]