Veteran Ghanaian sound engineer and founder of The Last Two Music Group, Edward Nana Poku Osei, professionally known as Da’ Hammer, has said that public voting should not be used as a criterion to adjudge the rapper of the year category.
Da’ Hammer’s comment comes on the back of controversies that evolved after Kwesi Arthur was crowned Rapper of the Year at the just ended Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
Several showbiz pundits were of the view that Eno Barony should have been adjudged as the rapper of the year and not Kwesi Arthur.
The founder of The Last Two Music Group added his take on the debate as to whether Kwesi Arthur deserved the award or not in an interview with Caleb Nii Boye on ShowBiz on Starr 103.5 FM.
“It’s just what I heard about how the rapper of the year was handled. I heard it was based on votes and that is the worst thing I have ever heard for a category like the Rapper of the Year.”
“How do you expect people to be sincere about their opinion on a rapper? You can’t get fans to be sincere about their opinion of their idol. There is no way somebody who loves Sarkodie will say Sarkodie can’t rap or this year he didn’t do that good.”
“Rapper of the Year can never be in the voting category, it has to be decided by a committee inside the Academy who understands rap. They have to know what it takes to have five mics or one mic. It should never be based on one song but all the material you’ve put out.”
“You need people who understand it to be able to choose the rapper of the year neutrally and so, the VGMA failed in this category.”
Listen to Da’ Hammer’s interview with Caleb Nii Boye below:
- The Biography, Career and Net worth of Tonto DikehOctober 27, 2020Tonto Charity Dikeh was born on the 9th of June 1985, to Mr Sunny Dikeh and Mrs Veronica Dikeh as the third of five children. She hails from Ikwerre ...[Read more]
- The Biography of Chika Nancy IkeOctober 27, 2020Chika ‘Nancy’ Ike (born 8 November 1985) is a Nigerian actress, television personality, producer ,business woman , philanthropist and ...[Read more]
- A brief Biography of Patience OzokworOctober 27, 2020Patience Ozokwor, born 14 September 1958, is a Nigerian musician, fashion designer, gospel singer and actress. She won the Best Supporting Actress ...[Read more]
- See Interesting facts about you don’t know about Mr IbuOctober 27, 2020John Ikechukwu Okafor, popularly known as Mr. Ibu , is a Nigerian actor and comedian . Okafor is considered to be one of Nigeria’s most ...[Read more]
- The biography and Career of Ngozi EzeonuOctober 27, 2020Ngozi Ezeonu (born Ngozi Ikpelue , May 23 1965) is a Nigerian actress and former journalist, notable for playing maternal characters in Nollywood ...[Read more]
- A follower of Chika Ike on social media lavishes praises on her in the latest photograph she shared of herself on IGOctober 27, 2020A follower of Chika Ike on social media has lavished praises on her in the latest photograph she shared of herself on Instagram. Chika Ike shared a ...[Read more]
- Social media folks blast Bbnaija housemate Nengi again over body enhancementOctober 27, 2020Social media folks have started body shaming Bbnaija housemate Nengi again. Arguably, Nengi is the most hated and body shamed BBNaija season 5 ...[Read more]
- Actress Adesua Etomi gushes over her husband as he releases new AlbumOctober 27, 2020Actress Adesua Etomi has expressed how proud she is of her husband for releasing his new song ‘Talk And Do’. Adesua and Husband(Banky W) Sharing a ...[Read more]
- Soldiers flows residents who flayed Curfew in Osun state(video)October 27, 2020Amid the call for national reforms and an end to police brutality, a video making rounds online has angered some Nigerians after a group of military ...[Read more]
- Kemi Olunloyo sends a lovely message to Nigerian Rapper ,Falz as today marks his 30th birthdayOctober 27, 2020Kemi Olunloyo has sent out a lovely message to Nigerian Rapper Folarin Falana popularly known as Falz as today marks his 30th birthday. Falz has for ...[Read more]