Music producer Wei Ye Oteng has urged the current crop of musicians and those who aspire to be counted among music legends to emulate Daddy Lumba, stressing that the highlife great has been relevant among his peers because he has paid attention to his brand.
The Drum Lyne Entertainment boss, on the occasion of Daddy Lumba’s 56th birthday told GhanaWeb that the highlife musician is “a role model; somebody we need to look up to if we want to have that longevity he’s had over the years.”
He remarked that “Lumba has paid attention to his brand and that is the key to his longevity. Keeping an eye on your brand is everything. It’s not been about his songs only but his personality, the places he goes, how he carries himself… There are some people you see them at almost every event and engage themselves in things that do not concern them. For Lumba, it becomes necessary for him to be there before he goes there.”
“He churns out good songs. Even with his profane songs, it takes a deep thinker to explain to you before you can understand it. The youth need to learn a lot from Lumba. He’s done a lot for us. From burger highlife days till date, Lumba has been relevant. Not a single album of his hasn’t made a waves. He doesn’t release because everybody is releasing; he releases because he’s thought through. Staying relevant is not about releasing songs; staying relevant is taking care of your brand and releasing songs when it’s necessary. Not just songs; the right songs that can stand the test of time.”
Justice Oteng as the music producer is known in real life, however, pointed out a trait of Lumba he thinks is not worthy of emulation.
According to him, despite garnering accolades, Lumba has not been open for collaborations.
“Lumba hasn’t really done well when it comes to collaborating with others,” Wei Ye Oteng said. “The only people he does this with are people he has raised like Ofori Amponsah. I believe as we grow, we should learn how to pass on the torch.”
Lumba is a multiple award-winning Ghanaian musician with a career spanning three decades. He was born on September 29, 1964 in a village called Nsuta Amangoase in the Sekyere Central District, near Mampong in Ashanti Region.
Lumba over 30 albums to his credit. His catalogues include ‘Aben Wo Ha’, ‘Yene Wo Sere Kwa’ and ‘Enhyew’.
- Afia Schwarzenegger Reveals She’s Done With Mr. Drew In A Recent VideoOctober 31, 2020Afia Schwarzenegger and Mr. Drew’s sentimental relationship appears to have reached a conclusion following a dubious response of Afia in a video that ...[Read more]
- Nengi Bags Another Ambassadorial Deal With Popular Brand Remy MartinOctober 31, 2020Previous Big Brother Naija housemate, Rebecca Nengi Hampson has stowed an ambassadorial arrangement with mainstream brand Remy Martin. A definitive ...[Read more]
- Billionaire Wife Regina Daniels Shares Adorable Photos With Son MunirOctober 31, 2020Regina Daniels, the wonderful spouse of Ned Nwoko has started responses with her image of herself and child, Munir, glancing lovable in new outfits. ...[Read more]
- See what you don’t know about the richest city in the worldOctober 31, 2020New York City is currently the richest city in the world. This is mainly because the city is the home to 85 billionaires with the total net worth of ...[Read more]
- Regina Daniel’s mother, Rita Daniel took to her IG to celebrate her youngest daughterOctober 31, 2020Veteran Nollywood actress and movie producer, Rita Daniels has taken to Instagram to reach out to her , Destiny stating that she misses her presence. ...[Read more]
- Wizkid ‘Made In Lagos’ album is already topping various music platforms in less than 48 hours after the releaseOctober 31, 2020Nigerian singer and songwriter Wizkid ‘Made In Lagos’ album is already topping various music platforms chart in less than 48 hours after the release. ...[Read more]
- “A very big congrats to comedienne”, Regina Daniels congratulates Taaooma as her boyfriend proposedOctober 31, 2020Nollywood Actress Regina Daniels has taken to social media to react to comedian Taaooma’s boyfriend marriage proposal to her which went viral. ...[Read more]
- Ini Edo blast Desmond Elliot, Tells him to man upOctober 31, 2020Renowned Nollywood actress and brand influencer Ini Edo has taken to her social media page to hit hard at her colleague actor Desmond Elliot ...[Read more]
- Nollywood actor and comedian, Williams Uchemba unviels his wedding plansOctober 31, 2020Popular Nollywood actor and comedian, Williams Uchemba has recently taken to his social media page to unveil plans of his upcoming marriage with his ...[Read more]
- blogger shows the face of the child Desmond Elliot has with another woman outside wedlock(Pictures)October 31, 2020One blogger, Gist Lover has shown the face of the child Desmond Elliot has with another woman outside wedlock. Desmond Elliot is now on the public ...[Read more]