Police Ladies defied all odds to beat Berry Ladies 1-0 on match day eleven of the Women’s Premier League.
The game which was played at the Madina Park saw both sides have a go at each other in the first 15 minutes.
Philomena Abakah of Berry Ladies missed the first chance of the game – as her effort ended up in the side of the net.
The deadlock was finally broken in the 40th minute when Grace Animah of Police Ladies calmly slotted home to take them into the break with a slim advantage.
The second half begun just like the first – with the intensity up and Berry Ladies effected their first substitution in the 50th minute when Selina Anima came on for Regina Donkor.
Police Ladies responded with a substitution of their own as Vida Osei was withdrawn for Louisa Aninwa in the 64th minute.
Eugenia Tetteh was later sacrificed for Philomena Abakah in the 73rd minute.
With Berry Ladies now chasing the game, Police Ladies had to introduce Adizatu Mustapha for Henrietta Annie in the 75th minute.
Berry pushed for the equalizer but the defence of Police Ladies were resolute.
The 90 minutes were up and the referee added 5 minutes but no more goals were scored as Police Ladies won 1-0.
Constance Agyemang of Berry Ladies was adjudged Nasco Player of the game.
Credit: Ghana Football Association
- Davido Allegedly Buys Range Rover For His 1-Year Old Son, IfeanyiIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Popular Nigerian artist and songwriter Davido has allegedly bought a brand new range for his 1-year old son Ifeanyi a few days after he ...[Read more]
- Please You Are Not Well – Omotola Jalade Reacts After Man Drew A Portrait Of HerIn Nigeria NewsMay 8, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nollywood actress and movie producer Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde has reacted sarcastically to a portrait a man drew of her. One of the ...[Read more]
- Here’s the trail of death and destruction allegedly left by members of NYC’s ‘Hoolies’ gangIn USAMay 8, 2021This week’s indictment of 18 reputed gang members not only solved the infamous slaying of a 1-year-old Brooklyn boy, it nailed those responsible for ...[Read more]
- Charter school backer starts PAC to boost Eric Adams’ bid for mayorIn USAMay 8, 2021A major charter school backer is launching a Super PAC to help elect Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams the next mayor of New York City. Jenny ...[Read more]
- Cops say death of 12-year-old NYC boy is ‘suspicious’In USAMay 7, 2021Police are investigating a 12-year-old Brooklyn boy’s death as suspicious. Emergency responders were called to 2920 Cortelyou Road in Flatbush Friday ...[Read more]
- Manhattan Judge says NYC federal lockups are ‘run by morons’In USAMay 7, 2021A senior judge in New York blasted the conditions of two notorious federal jails in the city during a recent sentencing hearing — saying they are run ...[Read more]
- City GOP candidates demand probe of de Blasio and wife over $1B ThriveNYCIn USAMay 7, 2021Republican candidates running for city office called on lawmakers to investigate Mayor Bill de Blasio and his wife, Chirlane McCray, over their $1.25 ...[Read more]
- 8 great ways to celebrate Mother’s Day in NYC this yearIn LifestyleMay 7, 2021It’s the mother of all holidays. And after more than a year of social distancing, what better way to spend this Mother’s Day than by enjoying ...[Read more]
- Presidency Is Not By Allocation, It Is A Result Of A Political Process – El-Rufai Tells IgbosIn Nigeria NewsMay 7, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Governor Nasir El-rufai of Kaduna State has claimed that the Igbos would not be able to secure the presidency by playing the victim and ...[Read more]
- The best Mother’s Day gifts from local NYC small businessesIn LifestyleMay 7, 2021What do moms and NYC shops have in common? After this past year, they’re both deserving of some extra TLC. So grab your wallet and pick up one of ...[Read more]