A pretty lady identified as Oluwafunmilayo Pooja, has shared the love story of her Nigerian father and Indian mother.
She revealed that her mum who is from Goa in India met her father in Nigeria and their love story blossomed despite being together at a time that interracial marriages were a taboo.
The young lady said that she is a proud product of ”Namaste Wahala.”
According to Oluwafunmilayo, her parents did not give her an Indian name so she named herself, Pooja.
She first of all shared a throwback photos of her parents and wrote;
”My mom and dad did their own “Namaste Wahala” back when it was a taboo. I’m going to have to make them watch it, so they see a replica of their love story My dad is from Lagos state, isale eko. Omo Balogun ni mi. My mom is from Goa in India. My parent’s story began in Nigeria. Yes, My mom and dad met in Nigeria.
You have seen my parents. This is me (The product of Namaste Wahala) I thank God for my Nigerian dad and Indian mom. I am blessed with the best of both worlds.”
“To those who want to know if I have a yoruba name, it is OLUWAFUNMILAYO. It means God gave me joy. In short, it is Ayo. Joy in English. My parents sadly didn’t give me an indian name, but I named myself Pooja ”
“I keep getting asked this question. If my hair is real?! Yes, it is my real hair. My mother’s hair Genes transfered to my head. Na my hair o.”
Then uploading more recent images, Funmi tweeted;
”Most of you wanted to see the present pictures of my parents. Here you go! Very wholesome dressers & picture shy too. Namaste Wahala (The aftermath)
My parent’s story began in Nigeria. Yes, My mom and dad met in Nigeria.
”Interracial marriages come with struggles. My advice is let love lead you, God guide you and learn each other’s culture. Embrace the flaws of your partners culture and the beauty in your differences. Be sensitive to one another’s cultural background & continue to grow in love.
”People may not know how similar India and Nigeria is, but as a testament to having both parents from these two continents. We are not as different as we think we are. There is so much we have in common. It’s time to embrace the unicity and similarities with love.”
View her posts below:
My mom and dad did their own Namaste Wahala back when it was a taboo. I’m going to have to make them watch it, so they see a replica of their love story
(@Gracebal0) February 17, 2021
Most of you wanted to see the present pictures of my parents. Here you go! Very wholesome dressers & picture shy too
Namaste Wahala (The aftermath)
Picture credits: Me
(@Gracebal0) February 18, 2021
- The Biggest Problem With Nollywood Is Stereotyping – Swanky JKAIn Celebrity News, COVID-19March 1, 2021One of the country’s biggest and fast-rising actor Jidekene Achufusi popularly known as Swanky JKA, who was the lead actor on the Ramsey Nouah ...[Read more]
- Chelsea vs Man United: Alan Shearer gives verdict on Callum Hudson-Odoi’s handball incidentIn SportsMarch 1, 2021Newcastle United legend, Alan Shearer, has hit out at the rules concerning handball incidents in the English Premier League (EPL) following Chelsea’s ...[Read more]
- Erica Nlewedim Features in New Action Movie Alongside Linda OsifoIn Celebrity NewsMarch 1, 2021Popular reality star, Erica Nlewedim has made it to the screens as she features a new action movie titled, Devil in Agbada. The disqualified ...[Read more]
- Crystal Palace vs Man United: Focus on game, be clinical to win – De Gea warns Red DevilsIn SportsMarch 1, 2021Newcastle United legend, Alan Shearer, has hit out at the rules concerning handball incidents in the English Premier League (EPL) following Chelsea’s ...[Read more]
- BBNaija Dorathy Bachor Is Flexing And Pressing Necks In Stunning New SnapsIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentMarch 1, 2021It’s a brand new month and our favourite celebrities are not slowing down their fashion games at all. To be fair it looks like the month of March is ...[Read more]
- Equality for All â A Conversation Hosted By 360Hub in Partnership with Techuncode and the Lagos State GovernmentIn NewsMarch 1, 2021In preparation for the Lagos economic summit, Ehingbeti 2021, which was held last week, the Lagos state government, in partnership with the leading ...[Read more]
- Your ill-advised statement has lowered the dignity of the judiciary – GJA breaks silence on Judicial Service media letterIn Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021The Ghana Journalist Association (GJA) has described an order by the Judicial Service directing media houses to delete all offensive, incendiary, ...[Read more]
- VIDEO: Tutors, students of Nalerigu Nursing College in trouble over an illegal twerking contestIn Education, Ghana, NewsMarch 1, 2021Scores of students and teachers of the Nalerigu Nursing and Midwifery College are to be sanctioned by the school authorities for organizing a ...[Read more]
- My husband commits adultery right inside our church – Pastor’s wife tells Yola courtIn Local NewsMarch 1, 2021The wife of a pastor in the Adamawa State capital, Yola, has dragged her husband to court over allegations of sleeping with women right inside his ...[Read more]
- Kagara Students’ Return, Davido’s New Bae And Other Top Events Of The WeekendIn Celebrity News, Entertainment, Nigeria NewsMarch 1, 2021<!– Kagara Students’ Return, Davido’s New Bae And Other Top Events Of The Weekend Home News & Events Kagara Students’ ...[Read more]