A South African woman has broken a Guinness World Record after giving birth to 10 babies at once.
Gosiame Thamara Sithole, 37, gave birth to her decuplets – two more than doctors had earlier detected during the medical scans – at a hospital in Pretoria, said her husband Teboho Tsotetsi.
The previous world record was held by 25-year-old Malian, Halima Cissé who gave birth to nine children in Morocco last month.
According to Tsotetsi, his wife, who hails from Tembisa Township in Ekurhuleni, delivered her seven boys and three girls by Caesarean section.
Sithole, who has six-year-old twins, previously told the Pretoria News that her pregnancy was natural as she was not on fertility treatment.
- Woman Breaks Record, Gives Birth To 10 Babies
- South African woman reportedly gives birth to record 10 babies at once
- South African woman claims she gave birth to record 10 babies at once: report
- Woman Breaks Record, Gives Birth After an hour of Being Pregnant
- 25-year-old woman gives birth to nine babies
- Pregnant woman expecting 7 babies gives birth to 9
- Malian woman Halima Cisse expecting 7 babies gives birth to 9
- 25-year-old woman gives birth to 9 babies at once
- Mother gives birth during lockdown to one of Britain’s Biggest Babies; weighs the same as a bowling ball (Photos)
- Mum gives birth during lockdown to one of Britainâs biggest babies â weighing the same as a bowling ball (photos)