‘Johnson and Johnson’ has been approved by the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) as an emergency vaccine in Nigeria.
This was confirmed by the head of the agency, Prof Moji Adeyeye made the disclosure in a statement issued by the agency on Tuesday, May 18. In her statement, “NAFDAC is hereby granting conditional Emergency Use Authorization for Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine to prevent COVID-19 in people from 18 years of age.
After a thorough evaluation, the NAFDAC Vaccine Committee concluded that the data on the vaccine were robust and met criteria for efficacy, safety and quality.
The data also show that the vaccine’s known and potential benefits outweigh its known and potential risks thereby supporting the manufacturer’s recommended use. ”Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine is the third vaccine recommended in Nigeria for preventing COVID-19. The vaccine is administered as a single dose.
SOURCE: www.Newzandar News
- US finally approves Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine for emergency use
- New York sites resume use of Johnson & Johnson COVID vaccine
- Pfizer coronavirus vaccine could be ready for emergency use by this fall
- NAFDAC clears air on approved drug, vaccine for COVID-19
- No approved drug, vaccine for COVID-19 yet — NAFDAC
- COVID -19: No approved drug, vaccine yet — NAFDAC
- U.S. regulator revokes emergency use of anti-malarial drug for COVID-19
- U.S. agency revokes emergency use of anti-malarial drug for COVID-19