Boils are pus-filled, red swollen bumps that form under the skin. They can form almost on any part of the body.
Boils can occur in pubic areas or private parts. Either in the arm pits, Vagìna or Pênis, boils can become very embarrassing.
Also, boils can become very painful as they grow and increase in size. Although, most boils are not usually a cause for concern as they gradually disappear after a few days or weeks.
However, some of them can become very problematic and might need some treatment. Some boils even grow into multiple boils. There are medications than help ease boils. There are also home remedies to help one treat boils.
Boils when not treated appropriately can actually magnify, multiply and spread to other areas of the body.
Normally, boils that grow in the private parts can be very delicate and sensitive and might require extra care.
Also, note that some growths in private parts can be pimples not always boils. You should be able to differentiate the two as pimples don’t usually grow as large as boils.
Anyway, before we look at how to treat boils in the private parts, let us look at these 9 likely causes of boils especially in the private parts;
1. Tight fitting clothes
2. Excessive Shaving
3. Ingrown hairs
4. A weakened immune system
5. Poor hygiene
6. Poor nutrition
9. Staphylococcus Infection
Good Hygiene is very essential as boils can be infections as a result of bacteria, such as Staphylococcus aureus, Escherichia coli, and Chlamydia trachomatis.
When any of these bacteria infect the hair follicles in the private parts, boil is the result.
Now, let us look at some home remedies for treating boils in your private parts.
1. Avoid Popping or Pricking It
This may lead to further spread of the bacteria and increase the pain.
2. Press It With Warm Cloth
Soak cloth in warm water (squeeze out excess water) and apply at the boil spot for about 10 minutes.
3. Wear loose Underwears
Until the boil heals, it is advisable you wear loose Underwears.
4. Apply Ointments
Simple Ointments like Petroleum Jelly can be applied on and around the boil as it helps reduce friction in that region.
5. Always wash your hands before or after touching your private parts.
6. Take Painkillers
Simple pain killers can help soothe your pains. While Antibiotics are not bad to take, especially if it seems the boil has become very troublesome, remember that most boils usually get cured naturally.
Finally, if the boil persists beyond 2 weeks or multiplies or causes other problems, try and see a Doctor immediately.
I hope this article was helpful.
- Friends mourn as woman dies after getting burnt following a gas explosion while trying to boil water (graphic photos)
- ”Na spare parts we dey sell, we no dey destroy farm” – Actor, Emeka Amakeze shows off his spare parts business
- Lady Found Dead in Her Room With Her Private Parts Missing After Coming Home With A Man
- “Date in private, love in private, sometimes it is best to keep things private” – Actress, Dayo Amusa writes
- Sorting through treatment remedies of COVID-19
- My natural prostate remedies
- Peru’s Indigenous turn to ancestral remedies to fight virus
- WHO Africa warns against untested Coronavirus remedies
- Madagascar therapy: PDP chides Buhari for alleged failure to invest in indigenous remedies
- We’ve received only one application on claims of herbal COVID-19 remedies — NAFDAC