What The Frapp?
Dripping in extra whipped cream, caramel syrup drizzle, pumps of cinnamon dulce and honey, five bananas and more — this sticky, tricky Starbucks order has social media percolating.
And the TikTok trend that inspired the messy mix is enough to make even the most seasoned barista need a post-shift drink.
Josie, a Starbucks employee, took to Twitter over the weekend, venting about the complicated Venti Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino that a customer named Edward had ordered.
“On [today’s] episode of why I wanna quit my job,” the coffee-craftswoman complained in a now-viral tweet Saturday.
His digital grievance was accompanied by a snapshot of “Edward’s double blended” drink and the 13 sweetly specific ingredients it commanded — a recipe that evidently peeved Josie.
But Edward’s busy Starbucks beverage is just one of the many that have been inspired by a new TikTok trend, which encourages coffee-lovers to get outlandishly creative with their orders.
Under the hashtag #Starbucks, imaginative content creators are sharing hundreds of customized drinks from the café chain’s unofficial “secret menu” that their followers and fellow patrons can purchase.
The good news is: coffee fiends are finding funky ways to jazz up their java.
The bad news is: baristas abhor making these elaborate, time-consuming treats.
“This order comes in every other week,” a fellow Starbucks staffer tweeted, empathizing with Josie via a picture of a Green Tea Creme Frappuccino with 29 supplementary specifications.
“I raise you this,” another coffee maker carped, alongside a flick of a Caffè Misto with over 30 additional demands.
And customers who are waiting behind the “Edwards” of the world aren’t fond of the TikTok coffee craze either.
“I was behind a woman who had an order that ridiculous and insisted it be heated to 37 degrees celsius ..’not 36, not 38–I will KNOW the difference,’ ” one patron said in response to Josie’s tweet.
“The Starbucks employee asked for her name..her reply “Sexy Vivacious,” she lamented, adding the eye-rolling emoji for emphasis.
So far, Josie is taking the new-found Twitter fame in stride. But the loyal barista just hopes he doesn’t get fired for spilling the beans about Starbucks’s overly-crafty clientele.
- Man stabbed, robbed of e-bike in Tompkins Square ParkIn USAMay 13, 2021A man was stabbed and robbed of his e-bike in Tompkins Square Park Thursday afternoon, police said. The violent encounter occurred just after 4:30 ...[Read more]
- Governor Bala Says FG Can’t Revive Nigeria’s EconomyIn Nigeria NewsMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Bauchi State Governor, Bala Mohammed has stated that the Federal Government has no clue on how to balance the nation economically. As ...[Read more]
- Feds green light four new Metro-North stations in the BronxIn USAMay 13, 2021The feds have given the green light for the MTA’s plan to build four new Penn Station-bound Metro-North rail stations in the Bronx, Gov. Andrew Cuomo ...[Read more]
- Reality Star, Ifu Ennada Wrestles Assistant ‘Jesus’ Who Dragged Her For Showing Off Her CleavagesIn Nigeria NewsMay 13, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Reality TV star, Iheme Faith Uloma popularly known as Ifu Ennada has lampooned a fan who chided her after she showed her cleavages in ...[Read more]
- New NYC mayoral poll shows Eric Adams leading Andrew Yang ahead of first debateIn USAMay 13, 2021A new survey shows Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams once again emerging as the favorite of likely Democratic voters for the June 22 primary, ...[Read more]
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s mother confirms his next clubIn SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- EPL: Jorginho clears air on leaving Chelsea after 1-0 defeat to ArsenalIn EPL, SportsMay 13, 2021Premier League clubs remain in favour of the “armpit offsides”, as they prepare to discuss their Video Assistant Referee (VAR) survey, the UK Mirror ...[Read more]
- Critics rip ‘wrong’ Cuomo for ‘harassment is not making someone uncomfortable’ claimIn USAMay 13, 2021Gov. Andrew Cuomo insisted Thursday that “harassment is not making someone feel uncomfortable” — a claim that critics quickly blasted as laughably ...[Read more]
- Accused COVID relief fraudster belongs to extremist group, feds sayIn USAMay 13, 2021A man who allegedly worked with two cohorts in an attempt bilk the US government out of $14 million in COVID-19 relief funds is a self-described ...[Read more]
- Auto crash claims 2 lives in OnitshaIn Local NewsMay 13, 2021A court in Cyprus has sentenced a Nigerian, Chrstopher Ezeh linked to the murder of another Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to 27 years in ...[Read more]