Swaggering on social media is no longer just a young person’s game.
Germany’s Alojz Abram, 75, has amassed a staggering 1 million Instagram followers after rocking his grandson’s colorful streetwear in a series of fashion portraits.
“It’s never too late to start something new,” Jannik Diefenbach, 24, who manages Abram’s Instagram page, told the Daily Mail.
In one shot, the aged fashionista — known as “Gramps” online — can be seen eschewing the typical drab orthopedics and wrinkled sweater for bombastic yellow sneakers and a black-and-gold basketball jersey emblazoned with the words “St. Supreme.”
Another shot shows Abram sporting a denim getup so hip it evokes a Calvin Klein model who drank an aging elixir.
And the sartorially-minded senior made fans swoon after rocking camouflage pants and posing next to a boombox.
“Fresher than anyone I f – – king know,” wrote one fan.
“‘It’s great to see that Gramps can entertain and inspire so many people by simply enjoying himself,” gushed Diefenbach of his grandad’s unlikely hobby.
Abram’s first foray into fashion came in 2016 when his grandson asked him if he wanted to try on his clothes.
“He said ‘yes,’ tried them on and looked super cool,” said Diefenbach, who subsequently posted the pictures to Instagram. Shortly thereafter, the duo amassed 1,000 followers.
“Since Gramps enjoyed taking pictures and felt comfortable, we kept it up and never stopped,” explained the grandfluencer’s trusty sidekick.
Abram initially didn’t understand “Instagram fame” as he reportedly wasn’t really involved in social media. However, the stylish septuagenarian now “loves being recognized on the streets and is always happy when someone asks for a selfie with him,” said Diefenbach, adding, “He definitely enjoys being famous.”
Most importantly, the two have “definitely grown even closer now that we have our shared hobby,” he said.
Abram isn’t the first senior to blow up the internet with his unorthodox fashion choices. These Golden Girls of Instagram are racking up millions of followers — and mountains of cash — by posing in getups so trendy they could be featured in Vogue. And last year, an entire book was dedicated to photos of the elderly in NYC’s Chinatown rocking hip threads.
- Regina Daniels Adds A Whopping 1.4 Million Followers To Her Instagram Followers In Just 5 Month – Checkout Her Total Number Of Followers
- Akuapem Poloo Expresses Joy After Music Legend, Gramps Morgan Commented On Her Post
- Luxury developments are crowding out Brooklyn’s hipster paradise
- Halima Abubakar Adds A Whopping 2k Followers To Her Instagram Followers In 48 Hours
- BBNaija: “I Have Always Been About Fashion” – Wathoni Reveals Her Love For Fashion
- Few Minutes After Celebrating 3 Million Followers, Bitter Fans Return Bobrisky To 2.9 Followers In A Twinkle Of An Eye
- BBNaija: Nengi Increases Her IG Followers From 12.7k To 1M Followers Within 3 Months
- Kylie Jenner denies refusing to tag black-owned fashion brand on Instagram
- Fashion Outfit Ideas to Try From Instagram This Week
- See Video Of Socialite Hajia 4real As She Celebrates 2million Instagram Followers