A picture isn’t worth falling off a cliff for.
A tourist in England is lucky to be alive after falling off the side of a cliff. Apparently, the man was attempting to pose for a picture when he lost his footing.
The tourist survived the fall because the tide happened to be in at the time, The Sun reports. After falling 120 feet, the man reportedly landed in four feet of water.
The incident happened on Sunday at Old Harry Rocks, a rock formation that sits over the ocean in Dorset.
Ian Brown, a member of the Swanage lifeboat team, who helped rescue the man, spoke with The Sun about the situation.
He said, “I honestly don’t know how he is still alive today. It is a sheer drop of anywhere between 90ft to 120ft there. The tide was in at the time and he landed in the water. It wouldn’t have been that deep, probably 4ft at most.”
He continued, “He is incredibly lucky to have suffered relatively minor injuries. Apparently, he was conscious and talking and was fine. His injuries were reported to have been cuts and bruises.”
A man who was on a fishing boat in the area, Jack Reagan, told the news outlet, “One of them yelled out that somebody had fallen over the cliff. I looked over to my left and there was a guy swimming in the water towards a kayak. He managed to grab onto the front of the kayak and was helped to the shore.”
After describing how workers helped the man by keeping him warm after pulling him from the water, Reagan said, “I can’t believe that he is alive. He should go and buy a lottery ticket; he is that lucky.”
The man was taken to a nearby hospital and was checked for internal injuries. He was reportedly alert and calm when he was picked up by rescue workers, however.
- UCL: I’m sorry – Eden Hazard apologises after Real Madrid 2-0 defeat to ChelseaIn SportsMay 6, 2021
- UCL: Toni Kroos replies Chelsea’s Mount over ‘lost sleep’ Champions league digIn SportsMay 6, 2021
- Moment Father DMW hurriedly ended his IG live video after being caught with a naked lady during Ramadan (Video)In Entertainment, GossipMay 6, 2021A member of Davido’s crew, Father DMW has been caught with a naked lady in his room during the month of Ramadan. He was on Instagram Live with ...[Read more]
- Netizens Hail Reno Omokri For Staying Loyal To Goodluck JonathanIn Nigeria NewsMay 6, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian award-winning author, Reno Omokri has been hailed by his fans for exhibiting true loyalty to his former master, Goodluck ...[Read more]
- ExCo approves new Women’s FA Cup logoIn GhanaMay 6, 2021Advertisement The Executive Council of the Ghana Football Association has approved a new logo for the Women’s FA Cup competition. The new logo was ...[Read more]
- Aunt of slashed NYC subway worker begs de Blasio to ‘do something’ in emotional videoIn USAMay 6, 2021The aunt of an off-duty subway worker who was slashed in the face by a fellow rider publicly pleaded Thursday for Mayor de Blasio to “do something” ...[Read more]
- Match Officials for Division One League Matchweek 20In GhanaMay 6, 2021No. REFEREES, VENUES &OTHER OFFICIALS ZONE ONE 1. DATE: SUNDAY MAY 9, 2021 MATCH: YOUNG APOSTLES VS PAGA CROCODILE STARS VENUE: ...[Read more]
- UCL: Rio Ferdinand, Michael Owen hail Havertz after Chelsea’s 2-0 win over Real MadridIn SportsMay 6, 2021
- WPL Match day 12 Preview – southern ZoneIn GhanaMay 6, 2021Advertisement The Women’s Premier League enters match day 12 this weekend. In the Southern Zone, leaders Hasaacas whose smooth start to the second ...[Read more]
- Champions League: Money Chelsea were paid for eliminating Real Madrid revealedIn SportsMay 6, 2021