A mysterious shipwreck has emerged from the sands of a beach in North Carolina’s Outer Banks.
Tour guide Ray Stallings posted photos of the wreck on Facebook on Dec. 30.
“Shipwreck on beautiful Ocracoke Island,” he explained, noting some debate about the wreck’s identity. Some people think that the wreck is a ship called the Noomis, according to Stallings, who thinks that wreck is actually a vessel called the Home. “They both wrecked in the area,” he wrote.
Citing Stallings, the Raleigh News & Observer reports that the steamship Home was wrecked in 1837 and the Noomis in 1935.
North Carolina continues to reveal its shipwreck secrets. Last year, a shipwreck linked to a mutiny and murder mystery emerged from the sands of Surf City.
In October 2019, a mysterious shipwreck emerged on a Hatteras Island beach in the wake of a storm before being swallowed up by the sand.
Earlier in 2019, the creepy skeleton of a 1930s shipwreck was also revealed by the shifting sands of Hatteras Island. The wreck is the G.A. Kohler, a four-masted schooner that became stranded on Hatteras Island in August 1933.
- “I Now Understand Why People Treat Domestic Staff Like Sh*t In Lagos” – Wakanow CEO Narrates His OrdealIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021Bayo Adedeji, the CEO of Wakanow, took to Facebook to narrate an encounter with his chef that changed his perception about Nigerian domestic ...[Read more]
- Post-Ohanaeze election crisis: Igbo youth group frowns at media attacks on Prof ObiozorIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021An Igbo socio-cultural group, Ohanaeze Youth Parliament, OYP, has decried the opposition of some Igbo leaders against the emergence of Professor ...[Read more]
- Troops arrest two suspected kidnappers in Kaduna villageIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021The Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, otherwise known as Shi’ites, has lamented the continued incarceration of its leader, Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky ...[Read more]
- Asante Kotoko terminate Sulley Muniru’s contractIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 22, 2021Ghana Premier League side, Kumasi Asante Kotoko, have terminated the contract of midfielder, Sulley Muniru, on a mutual understanding between the two ...[Read more]
- Your Election Is Proof That Democracy Is A Journey – GEJ To Biden, HarrisIn Celebrity News, EntertainmentJanuary 22, 2021Like many other leaders, former President Goodluck Jonathan has congratulated the 46th President of the United States, Joe Biden, and the first ever ...[Read more]
- Real Madrid manager, Zidane tests positive for COVID-19In COVID-19, SportsJanuary 22, 2021Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has wished Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, the best over the Blues’ current struggles. Arteta insisted that he is taking ...[Read more]
- Gunmen abduct village head in KatsinaIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Gunmen suspected to be bandits have abducted the village head of Raddah community in Charanchi Local Government Area of Katsina State, Alhaji Kabir ...[Read more]
- Sheikh Zakzaky’s wife, Zeenah may have contracted COVID-19, may die in prison – Shi’itesIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 22, 2021The Islamic Movement in Nigeria, IMN, otherwise known as Shi’ites, has lamented the continued incarceration of its leader, Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky ...[Read more]
- Boko Haram regrouping in Nasarawa – Gov Abdullahi Sule raises alarmIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Nasarawa Governor Abdulahi Sule has said that members of the dreaded sect, Boko Haram, are regrouping in the state and carrying out acts of violence. ...[Read more]
- “Don’t be offended when people you know don’t support your business” – Kiki OsinbajoIn NewsJanuary 22, 2021Beauty entreprenuer, Kiki Osinbajo has advised people not to take offence when friends don’t support their business. The Vice President’s ...[Read more]