FREISEN, Germany – When Ronja Pohl first saw the disabled baby alpaca at a friend’s farm, her heart melted and she resolved to give the tiny orphan a home – and a special wheeled harness for walking with.
Named Marie, the animal’s two back legs were left severely damaged by a traumatic birth that killed her mother and her sister.
“She was hopping around as if she wanted to show everyone she has a strong character and wants to live even if two of her legs are injured,” 20-year-old Pohl told Reuters.
After bringing her new pet home to the farm near Frankfurt where she works, Pohl took Marie to a veterinarian, who amputated one back leg and put her in touch with a company that makes wheelchairs for animals.
Marie, strapped in to her bespoke wheeled frame and harness, now totters happily around Pohl’s barn, learning the ropes of social interaction with baby lamb Schlufine and greeting other animals en route.
“She solves a lot of problems herself. If she falls over, she will get up on her own – if she feels like it,” Pohl said.
“As soon as she is able to carry weight on her third leg, she will get an artificial limb and join my boyfriend’s alpaca herd to live a normal alpaca life.”
- 4 arrested in Adamawa over alleged kidnap, extortionIn Local NewsApril 21, 2021Four suspects have been arrested by the Adamawa State Police Command for allegedly kidnapping some people and extorting money from others. The Police ...[Read more]
- Alex Unusual Reacts To Claims Of Dating BBNaija’s PrinceIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021ADVERTISEMENT BBNaija reality show star Alex Unusual has reacted to claims of dating BBNaija star Prince wondering how someone could even ask her ...[Read more]
- “People face battles that you don’t know of” – BBNaija’s Diane to fan who wish to be like herIn Celebrity NewsApril 21, 2021BBNaija reality star, Diane Russet lectures a fan on why it is wrong to wish to be like her or someone else rather than seeing notable individuals as ...[Read more]
- Daniel McKorley named U-17 Inter club Champions League ChairmanIn GhanaApril 21, 2021Advertisement Ghanaian business magnate, founder and chief executive officer of McDan Group of Companies, Daniel McKorley has been named as Chairman ...[Read more]
- “If A Man Buys Me A Car, I Won’t Appreciate It As Much As I Would If He Gets Me A Shop- DidieIn Nigeria NewsApril 21, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Nigerian fast-rising actress, Didie Kanem has explained why she values growth and assets more than luxury. Didie Kanem caused a ...[Read more]
- “Scam and extortion must stop” – Tuface Idibia drags NCDC for their poor work ethicsIn Celebrity NewsApril 21, 2021Nigerian singer Tuface Idibia took to his social media to call out Nigerian Center For Disease Control (NCDC) over scams and extortion towards ...[Read more]
- GFA to launch Juvenile League April 28In GhanaApril 21, 2021Advertisement The Ghana Football Association is set to launch the 2020/21 Juvenile Football league season. The launch is scheduled for Wednesday, ...[Read more]
- Annie Idibia Causes A Stir As She Unveils New LookIn EntertainmentApril 21, 2021Nollywood actress Annie Idibia have sparked reaction on social media after showing off her new look. The mother of two, via her Instagram, is seen ...[Read more]
- JUST IN: Akuapem Poloo Granted BailIn EntertainmentApril 21, 2021Rosemond Brown aka Akuapem Poloo has been granted bail after she was sentenced to 90 days in prison for posting a n*de photo of herself and her son ...[Read more]
- Simi opens up on the struggle of motherhood, getting bullied by her daughterIn Celebrity NewsApril 21, 2021Award-winning singer, Simisola Kosoko, a.k.a Simi speaks on the challenges of raising her daughter, Adejare, regarding random bullying act every once ...[Read more]