Paris Hilton is so misunderstood.
The hotel heiress — and outspoken teen detention center activist — has made a shocking revelation for fans on social media: Her infamous “STOP BEING POOR” tank top is a fake.
“So there’s this photo online of me — I’m sure you’ve seen it,” the once-and-forever It girl begins in a video posted on TikTok, now viewed more than 4.5 million times.
“I never wore that shirt,” she says in setting the record straight, pointing toward the background which features the famous image of Paris flaunting the “STOP BEING POOR” message across her torso. “This was completely Photoshopped. Everyone thinks it’s real, but that’s not the truth.”
Then, the real message flashes on the screen. “Stop being desperate,” she says with a snicker, reading the shirt she wore that night some 16 years ago.
“Don’t believe everything you read,” she warns at the end.
The notorious top has been tied to the 40-year-old party gal since 2013, according to the viral archive KnowYourMeme. Images of Paris with sister Nicky, 37, at a 2005 fashion show — for the now-defunct fashion label Chick by Nicky Hilton — were tweaked to diss the siblings as spoiled and were then shared widely on Tumblr.
Though the images were reportedly debunked just a few months later, the fakes remain closely associated with Paris, who is reportedly worth an estimated $300 million.
Meanwhile, the blushing bride-to-be is likely busily planning her nuptials with 40-year-old venture capitalist Carter Reum, who proposed to the “Stars Are Blind” singer with a massive diamond and sapphire engagement ring that could be worth over $2 million, according to jewelry experts.
- Bayelsa Councillor rejects fundraising after she built bridge with funds meant for her official carIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021A Bayelsa State councillor, Onem Miracle Tyna, has rejected offers of a GoFundMe or any other fundraising campaign planned on her behalf by members ...[Read more]
- Villagers stunned to find giant frog as big as ‘a human baby’In LifestyleMay 10, 2021Frogzilla! Solomon Islands villagers were flabbergasted after encountering a frog as big “as a human baby” during a hunting expedition, the ...[Read more]
- I’m Still Your Crush, Don’t Try To Play Me – Olakunle Churchill ClaimsIn Nigeria NewsMay 10, 2021ADVERTISEMENT Newly married Olakunle Churchill has come through with some shades saying he knows he’s someone’s crush asking the person not to try ...[Read more]
- Biafra, Oduduwa: Hypocrite, Nigeria must break up – Pastor Giwa replies T.B JoshuaIn Biafra, NewsMay 10, 2021The Senior Pastor of the Awaiting the Second Coming of Christ Ministry, Adewale Giwa, has responded to T.B Joshua’s declaration that Nigeria will not ...[Read more]
- UK Army tests suit that can make their soldiers fly in the air (Video)In Viral News, World NewsMay 10, 2021The British Royal Navy and Royal Marines may soon be using a kit that would give their officers an aerial advantage during operations. According to ...[Read more]
- Paris court tries anti-racism activist for statue attackIn LifestyleMay 10, 2021PARIS — A French activist for Black rights went on trial in Paris on Monday for defacing a statue of a historical figure from France’s colonial, ...[Read more]
- Elevator packed with law enforcement officers collapses in BrooklynIn USAMay 10, 2021An elevator collapsed in a Brooklyn building Monday morning with about two dozen members of federal and local law enforcement agencies inside, ...[Read more]
- Women’s FA Cup Round of 32 draw heldIn GhanaMay 10, 2021Advertisement The draw for the round of 32 of the 2020/21 Women’s FA Cup season took place on Monday, May 10, 2021. The Teams were grouped into five ...[Read more]
- Why are people getting choked up watching this Extra gum commercial?In LifestyleMay 10, 2021This one hit hard. An epic new commercial for Wrigley’s Extra brand gum that celebrates the end of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2021 is giving cooped up ...[Read more]
- Why are people getting choked up at this ad for gum?In LifestyleMay 10, 2021This one hit hard. An epic new commercial for Wrigley’s Extra brand gum that celebrates the end of the COVID-19 pandemic is giving cooped up viewers ...[Read more]