When it comes to convenience of takeout, pizza is king.
Globally, the Italian dish was found to be the most popular Google search among online users who looked up takeout options in 2020, according to a report from British insurance comparison company MoneyBeach.
The report analyzed Google search data in 109 countries, and “pizza takeaway” was the top food-related query people entered throughout 44 nations. Pizza was a top takeout search in its home country of Italy as well as Barbados, Argentina, Morocco and India, among many others.
Chinese food was the second most popular search term, with 29 countries, including the U.S., Mexico, Australia, the U.K. and of course China, searching for the cuisine.
Sushi, on the other hand, was the only other takeaway dish to hit double digits, as the top search in 10 countries, making it the third most popular dish worldwide.
Fish and chips came in 4th place with it being the most popular takeout search term in 6 countries, including Canada and Fiji.
Fried chicken is next on the list, and was the most popular in 5 countries.
Indian food, Korean food, Thai food, tapas, tacos, burritos, pasta, kebabs and Malaysian food were other popular takeaway dishes in different parts of the world, but each were found to be popular search terms in fewer than 5 countries.
- Monarchs demand justice, fairness in creation of new LCDA’sIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Some traditional rulers in Ido/Osi Local Government Area of Ekiti State have appealed to the Committee superintending over the creation of Local ...[Read more]
- Fulham vs Chelsea: Lampard names player to miss EPL clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Education, health very important to us – Governor Ikpeazu tells MDCNIn Education, NewsJanuary 15, 2021The Lagos State government on Friday said about 8,043 active COVID-19 cases are currently being managed under the state’s Home-Based Care. Prof. Akin ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: 8,043 active cases under Lagos Home Based Care – AbayomiIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- EPL: Klopp singles out one Man Utd player ahead of Sunday’s clashIn EPL, SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- Spanish Super Cup: Marco Asensio blames opposition for Real Madrid’s defeatIn SportsJanuary 15, 2021
- My machine just landed mehn! – Nigerian mum says as she cruises in her N35 million Tesla (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 15, 2021A video is currently circulating online and it capture the moment a Nigerian mum was taking a ride in her newly acquired Tesla. Her son shared a ...[Read more]
- COVID-19: LASU shuts hostels as three students test positiveIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Ohanaeze youths warns CAN against dabbling into politics, advises ObiozorIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021
- Lagos records 13 new COVID-19 related deathsIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 15, 2021