This sex toy company has the crown jewels — or so says her Royal Highness.
Queen Elizabeth likely set herself up for some risqué memes after bestowing the UK’s biggest sex toy company with one of the nation’s top honors.
Sexcessory purveyor Lovehoney received the Queen’s Award For Enterprise (QAFE) for “continuous outstanding growth” after their overseas sales skyrocketed from over $16 million to nearly $80 million since 2015, Metro reported.
“We are thrilled to have received official recognition from the Queen,” gushed Debbie Bond, chief commercial officer for the firm, which sells vibrators, ball gags, strap-ons and other hanky-panky enhancers fit for all “appetites and orientations,” per their site.
“Her Majesty has been a wonderful supporter of Lovehoney as we have grown into being the world’s leading sexual wellness brand,” Bond added.
The royal stamp of approval isn’t merely figurative. Her Highness’ blessing — described as the “highest accolade for business success” — will allow Lovehoney to employ the QAFE emblem in advertising and marketing and on packaging for five years, reported the Daily Express. So, yes, Brits will see the crown insignia adorning boxes of adult toys in the near future.
Bond said she hopes that “royal patronage “will help the pleasure purveyor create more jobs and “spread the sexual happiness message globally.”
Currently, the dildo depot boasts 2.2 million people customers with websites in eight other countries, including the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, plus EU countries including France, Germany and Spain. Their global profile got a major bump after they were gifted official rights to make pleasure products inspired by X-rated book series “Fifty Shades of Grey.”
This isn’t the first time Lovehoney has received royal recognition. In 2015, according to Express, the company also won the Queen’s blessing for boosting British exports, after which Lovehoney founders Richard Longhurst and Neal Slateford celebrated with Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip at Buckingham Palace.
Bond wrote: “The Queen is the UK’s greatest trade ambassador and royal approval shows again how mainstream shoppers and retail outlets are embracing sexual wellness products as never before and appreciating their importance in improving overall well-being – a particularly important message as we come out of lockdown after a stressful year living with the pandemic.”
- How Kate Middleton Is More Prepared to Be Queen Than Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth
- Queen Elizabeth confirms Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will be stripped of their honorary roles and will not be returning as working royals; they respond
- Queen Elizabeth’s corgis have their own footmen and à la carte menus
- See Nana Aba Anamoah’s Reaction To Guy Who Asked To Be Her Sex Toy
- Kris Jenner receives sex toy on Mother’s Day
- No good vibrations in sex toy copycat battle
- Disgraced Riverside Church ‘sex toy’ pastor Amy Butler turns up in D.C.
- I cannot live without sex toy – Juliet Ibrahim
- As A Single Lady, I Can’t Do Without Sex Toy – Juliet Ibrahim
- Court dismisses case against Senator Abbo after he was filmed slapping a nursing mother in a sex toy shop