The Edo State Police Command has rescued two of the three persons abducted on Sunday along Ahor bypass, on the Benin-Lagos Road.
A statement by the command’s Public Relations Officer (PPRO) SP Kontongs Bello, identified the two victims as Okeke Emmanuel ‘m’ age 37 and Rilwan Adewale ‘m’ age 36.
The victims who were travelling in a Sienna bus from Port Harcourt, Rivers, to Lagos State were abducted on April 25 along Ahor bypass and were taken into the bush.
“On receipt of the information, the police operatives immediately swung into action and rescued two of the victims after an exchange of gun battle with the hoodlums.
“In the process, one of the victims, Adewale Rilwan, sustained injuries from the machetes used by the hoodlums.
“He is presently receiving treatment in the hospital. Also, the sum of N200,000 was recovered from the scene,” Bello added.
He added that investigation is in progress to clampdown on the fleeing kidnappers and appealed to the good people of Edo to avail the command with useful information that would expose criminal elements in the state.
- 17-year-old girl drowns in Asa River, Ilorin
- 25-year-old comedian drowns in Cross River during birthday celebration
- SAD: 25-year-old comedian drowns during birthday celebration in Cross River
- 12-year-old boy drowns in Ilorin river
- 10-year-old boy drowns after leaping into frozen lake to save his six-year-old sister who fell through the iceÂ
- Kwara NSCDC arrest 60-year-old for defiling 9-year-old girl
- 65-year-old man arrested for allegedly defiling 10-year-old girl in Kwara
- Nigerian Comedian Drowns During Birthday Celebration In Cross River
- Father of five drowns in ‘264-mile river’ in Osun
- Man nearly drowns in Hudson River after chasing frisbee into water