The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), on Wednesday in Lagos, paraded a 35-year-old man over alleged bunkering of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) worth N1.65 million.
The NSCDC Commandant in the state, Mr Paul Ayeni, while parading the suspect, said he was caught in the Arepo area of Ogun.
NAN reports that Ayeni said the suspect, who hails from Oyo State but resides at No. 41, Ore-Ofe street, Mile 12, Lagos, was caught with 10,000 litres of PMS allegedly siphoned from one of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation’s pipelines in the area.
Ayeni, who put the market price of the stolen PMS at N1.65 million, said people engaging in such illegal acts were only depleting government’s resources.
The commandant berated those engaging in bunkering for the hardship they were causing the Federal Government and Nigerians.
He reiterated the corps’ readiness to continue to live up to its mandate of protecting critical infrastructure in the country.
Ayeni said the NSCDC was ready to expose any illegal activity that could undermine the proper functioning of the state and the country’s critical infrastructure.
He said that the command was in search of other suspects who escaped during the arrest, adding, however, that the one already apprehended would be made to face the wrath of the law.
But, the suspect, in a chat with newsmen, said he was deceived into the illegal act by a butcher.
He said, “I was approached by someone at Kara abattoir, located in Ogun.
- Wizkid celebrates second son, King Ayo on his 5th birthdayIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 16, 2021Superstar singer, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun aka Wizkid has showered undying love on his second son, King Ayo as he celebrates his 5th birthday. 5 years ...[Read more]
- James Brown loses Instagram account, Bobrisky denies having handIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 16, 2021Controversial male barbie, Bobrisky has denied having hands in the loss of the Instagram account of fellow crossdresser, James Brown. James Brown had ...[Read more]
- Woman allegedly steals mail truck, crashes into more than 10 cars in NYCIn USAJanuary 16, 2021A woman is in custody after allegedly stealing a mail truck in Brooklyn and slamming it into at least 10 parked cars Friday night. The postal panic ...[Read more]
- 11 Gambino family members, associates plead guilty to multiple crimesIn USAJanuary 16, 2021A slew of admitted mobsters will now be trading their tony Westchester County digs for the bing. A Gambino captain and 10 members and associates of ...[Read more]
- State Sen. Luis Sepúlveda forced to deny domestic violence claim at toy driveIn USAJanuary 16, 2021A community leader co-hosting a toy giveaway with embattled state Sen. Luis Sepulveda erroneously let fly during the event Friday that the Bronx pol ...[Read more]
- Passengers and airline staff fight over flight cancellationIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Frustrated passengers created a scene Friday evening, Jan 15, at the Malam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano, after their flight was cancelled. ...[Read more]
- Elderly NYC couple gets COVID-19 vaccine after plea to de BlasioIn USAJanuary 15, 2021They finally got their shot. An 89-year-old Manhattan woman who made a heartbreaking public plea to Mayor Bill de Blasio last week to get the ...[Read more]
- 1867 new cases of COVID-19 recorded in NigeriaIn NewsJanuary 15, 20211867 new cases of COVID-19 were recorded in Nigeria on Friday, January 15, 2021. According to the Nigeria Center for Disease Control NCDC, Lagos ...[Read more]
- Dr. Dre released from hospital after suffering a brain aneurysmIn NewsJanuary 15, 2021Dr. Dre has reportedly been released from hospital after suffering a brain aneurysm. According to TMZ, the hip-hop mogul went home on Friday, January ...[Read more]
- Off-duty NYPD cop who shot wife’s trainer had history of misconduct, suit claimsIn USAJanuary 15, 2021The trainer who was allegedly shot by off-duty NYPD Sergeant Justin Ellis has sued him and the NYPD claiming the cop had a history of misconduct, new ...[Read more]