The Director of the Kaduna State Fire Service, Mr Paul Aboi, has said seventy-six persons died in 615 fire incidents recorded in the state in 2020.
The Director disclosed this on Tuesday during an interview with the newsmen, NAN reports.
He said 139 persons were injured in the fire incidents, while 85 people were rescued.
Aboi said the state lost more than N2.5 billion to the fire outbreaks, while properties worth N5 billion were salvaged.
According to him, the number of fire incidents increased from 523 in 2019 to 615 in 2020, due to the negligence of residents despite a series of enlightenment.
He said electricity was the major cause of the outbreaks and advised the people to be vigilant as any object could trigger a fire.
“When there is fire, we want the people to call us in good time and motorists should give way for our fire engines to get to those emergencies in good time, “ he said.
The director urged the state government to recruit more firemen to replace those who have died or retired to bridge the manpower gap in the service.
“I have 74 staff across the state and will need more to meet up to the challenges in the year.
“We urge residents to always ensure that all electrical appliances when not in use are switched off,” he added.
- Insecurity: Only God can give us victory – Femi AdesinaIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Security operatives on Saturday killed several bandits in Farin Ruwa and Kuduru areas of Birnin Gwari LGA of Kaduna State. This was contained in a ...[Read more]
- Security operatives kill several bandits in Kaduna villageIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Security operatives on Saturday killed several bandits in Farin Ruwa and Kuduru areas of Birnin Gwari LGA of Kaduna State. This was contained in a ...[Read more]
- Buhari reacts to death of Abubaka, Sultan of Sokoto’s younger brotherIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021A former governorship aspirant in Lagos State, Babatunde Gbadamosi has narrated his experience with COVID-19. Gbadamosi tested positive for the virus ...[Read more]
- Man killed in hit-and-run crash in the Bronx, cops sayIn USAJanuary 16, 2021A man died following a hit-and-run crash in the Bronx early Saturday, police said. The NYPD said the victim, believed to be in his 60s or 70s, was ...[Read more]
- Pigeons released by Imo Governor, Uzodinma also refuse to fly (Watch)In Viral NewsJanuary 16, 2021It appears this is a period of subtle birds protest as Pigeons released by Imo state governor refused to take flight at the state’s Armed Forces ...[Read more]
- “What I Would Love To Be Remembered For” – Singer, SimiIn Celebrity NewsJanuary 16, 2021Nigerian sensational singer and mother of one, Simisola Kosoko professionally known as Simi, has disclosed what she would love to be remembered for. ...[Read more]
- Gbadamosi narrates how he survived COVID-19In COVID-19, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Olisa and Onyeka Eze, two princes of Ukpo kingdom in Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State, who were detained for three months over a ...[Read more]
- Akande remains truly inspirational, a challenge to politicians – OyetolaIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Olisa and Onyeka Eze, two princes of Ukpo kingdom in Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State, who were detained for three months over a ...[Read more]
- Liverpool vs Man Utd: Ex-EPL referee reveals how Klopp tried to influence himIn EPL, SportsJanuary 16, 2021Chelsea boss, Frank Lampard, has reacted to reports linking the club’s former coach, Avram Grant, with a return to Chelsea. Grant has been linked ...[Read more]
- Sam George narrates insider account behind NPP MPs reporting to Parliament at 3amIn Ghana, NewsJanuary 16, 2021Member of Parliament for Ningo Prapram Sam George has explained the reason behind the NPP MPs early attendance to Parliament on Friday, January 16, ...[Read more]