No fewer than fourty-seven (47) suspected armed bandits have been arrested in Ibarapa geo-political zone of Oyo State.
Sources told DAILY POST on Tuesday that security agents, including soldiers and men of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) arrested the 47 suspects.
Our correspondent learnt that the hoodlums who were suspected to be Fulani herdsmen were arrested by men of the Operation Burst, a joint security outfit in the State.
DAILY POST gathered on Tuesday that the armed hoodlums were arrested in the early hours of Sunday.
They were arrested at Ofiki River, along Tapa/Igangan road in the Ibarapa North Local Government Area of the State.
It was learnt that the armed Fulani men were invited by their kinsmen in the area in reaction to the raid carried out by the men of the Oyo State Security Network Agency also known as Amotekun on Saturday.
The suspects, caught with guns and other dangerous weapons, were said to be on a reprisal mission in the area.
They were arrested in a convoy of buses.
Public Relations Officer of the state Police command, Mr. Olugbenga Fadeyi, when contacted, confirmed the arrest of the 47 suspects.
Fadeyi, a Chief Superintendent of Police said the arrested hoodlums claimed that they were trailing some kidnappers who were about to collect ransom from relations of a kidnapped victim.
He added that investigation had been intensified on the arrest.
Fadeyi added that the suspects have been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), Iyaganku, Ibadan for discreet instigation.
“Yes, the arrested Fulani men have been transfered to SCID Iyaganku, Ibadan for discreet investigation.
“Though, it was alleged that the Fulani men claimed they were trailing some kidnappers who were about to collect ransom from relations of a kidnapped victim.
“Investigation intensified on the arrest,” he said.
- NMA reveals how COVID-19 cases are increasing in NigeriaIn COVID-19, NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Suspected yahoo boys filmed spraying bundles of money into a river (Video)In Viral NewsJanuary 16, 2021A video has surfaced on social media showing the moment some young Nigerian men believed to be internet fraudsters, commonly called yahoo boys were ...[Read more]
- Watch Kamaldeen Sulemana’s cheeky finish for Nordsjaelland in win over HelsingorIn Ghana, SportsJanuary 16, 2021Black Stars teenage sensation, Kamaldeen Sulamana, scored an amazing goal for Norsdjaelland in their 4-2 win over FC Helsingor in a friendly played ...[Read more]
- 2021: Fresh prophecies about Pope Francis, Pastors Kumuyi, Adeboye, Bakare, T.B Joshua, Oyedepo, others emergeIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Paternity Scandal: ‘I’m not leaving my husband’ – Wife of FCMB MD, NuruIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021
- Socialite Susan Gutfreund sells $7.4M spoils of family’s tarnished pastIn LifestyleJanuary 16, 2021In the mid-1980s, Susan and John Gutfreund were the queen and king of New York’s high-society scene, making their mark in Page Six with their ...[Read more]
- Infrastructure: Senator Orji tasks leaders on welfare of citizenryIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Former Abia State Governor and the Senator representing Abia Central District in the red chamber of the National Assembly, Chief Theodore Orji,has ...[Read more]
- Three suspected armed robbers arrested in OsunIn Local NewsJanuary 16, 2021No fewer than two persons have been arrested for illegally sewing uniform of Oyo State Security Network Agency also known as Amotekun. DAILY POST ...[Read more]
- Aguleri/Umuleri crisis: Obiano imposes 3-day curfewIn NewsJanuary 16, 2021Former Abia State Governor and the Senator representing Abia Central District in the red chamber of the National Assembly, Chief Theodore Orji,has ...[Read more]
- The true story of Allan ‘Mr. Apology’ Bridge, founder of an apology hotlineIn LifestyleJanuary 16, 2021New York is a city of secrets. The man who called himself Mr. Apology knew more than 100,000 of them thanks to his Apology Line, which let people ...[Read more]