The Kano State Fire Service has confirmed the death of a 14-year-old boy, Abdullahi Abdulrahaman, after drowning in a pond popularly called “promise” at Kabuga Quarter in Kano.
The Public Relations Officer of the Service, Alhaji Saminu Abdullahi, said this in a statement on Saturday in Kano.
Newzandar News recalls that a lifeless body of an 11-year-old boy was also recovered from a pond at Zaidawa village, Dambatta Local Government Area of Kano State, a few months ago.
Abdullahi reported that the victim went to take his bath on Friday when he drowned.
He said, “We received a distress call at about 05:16 pm from one Muhammad Kabiru and immediately sent our rescue team to the scene at about 05:23 pm.”
Abdullahi disclosed that Abdulrahaman was, however, brought out of the pond dead.
He further stated that his corpse has been handed over to the ward head of Tudun Yola Quarters, Malam Hamza Sani, for burial.
- Kano: Man drowns while bathing in pond
- Man, 27, drowns in Kano pond
- Kano: Drowned teenager found afloat in pond
- Teenager drowns in Yandanko area, Kano
- Teenager, 13, drowns in Kano
- Teenager Drowns While Taking A Bath In Kano
- Another teenager drowns in Lagos flood
- Teenager Drowns In Onitsha After Heavy Floods
- Two drown in Kano pond
- Kano State Fire Service recover body of 10-year-old boy who drowned while bathing in a pond